PDA

View Full Version : One Ragged Hole?

Bert2368
11-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I sent in an order for a rear sight aperature nearly a month ago. They aren't answering the phone or returning emails and the voice mailbox is full. I hope they're OK, has anyone had contact with them recently?

One Ragged Hole
Aperture & Ghost-Ring sights for Rifles & Handguns.
www.oneraggedhole.com/

ghh3rd
11-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Hope they are OK - just ordered a set of aperatures today.

Randy

Three44s
11-09-2009, 01:13 AM
I sure hope that all is well with them ........

I have owned one for a few years and it's on a Ruger SRH and I could not be happier.

I hope you fellas get yours too!

Three 44s

Cracker
11-09-2009, 04:16 AM
hope everything is okay, when I ordered mine I had them in days.

Like mine pretty well

Bert2368
11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
There are others who have not received their orders or been able to make contact since abot July/August of this year. Also Brownells now list these sights as discontinued.

A little Internet research shows that One Ragged Hole seems to have fallen out of communication about July. Prior to this, nothing but positive things about their business conduct and products are to be found on the web.

If anyone in the local "gun culture" sees this and knows how to contact Buck, please do.

ghh3rd
11-11-2009, 09:59 PM
If they are out of business, even temporarily (hopefully), why wouldn't they shut down their website that takes orders (and money), or at least update their site to reflect the current situation?

I hope that all is well with them, as I really wanted to get hold of a set of these goodies. My eyes want them too.

Randy

Farmall 1066
11-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I have always wanted a set too! Bummer!

PatMarlin
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I love that sight. Sure hope they work it out.

11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Have delt with them in the past and had a great experience. They couldn't have been nicer. Hope all is well.

ghh3rd
11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Update - Warren Custom Outdoor carries ORH sights, and still has a few sets for the Ruger (and probably others).

Paul at Warren told me that he talked to Buck (ORH owner) yesterday, and expects his order of ORH Ruger sights to arrive soon. He also mentioned the Buck has had health issues.

Randy

trickyasafox
11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I heard some rumblings about this as well. Not sure whats going on, but I hope the guy is ok.

Bert2368
11-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the information- I'll just kick back and wait for Mr. Hibbard to recover and hope he can get back in production.

yondering
12-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Have you received your sights yet?

Sorry for the double post; I ordered a set back in November also, and just found this thread. I haven't received my sights, and have gotten no email response yet.

Bert2368
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
No, no sight and no return of emails. I have not submitted paperwork with the post office regarding the fate of my PMO yet.

(edit)

I just talked with Paul at Warren Custom Outdoors. Paul did get his shipment of sights in, and says he will mention the situation to Buck, so there is still hope I would say. I'm just going to let my order ride for now.

In the mean time, they can be had from here:

http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/one-hole-sights.html

Super38
12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I've done business with L, S & B in the past but now when I go to the website, it says they're closed?

Anyone know what happened?

Super38

Sorry, I thought I hit the new threat symbol. Didn't mean to over-throw someone's thread.

Bert2368
12-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Yes, there bank shut 'em down. There's a thread here:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=68023&highlight=Lock+stock+barrel

Jon K
12-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Bert & ghh,

I feel for you, "it hurts"....Wish You the Best, hope some how it comes thru...........

Jon

Bert2368
01-11-2010, 04:46 PM
3 months is about my limit. I bought a set from Warren Custom Outdoors, price was about the same and they are good folks to deal with. They arrived today, and tommorow is supposed to be warm enough here to shoot without your hands freezing to the gun...

I hope Buck gets through his difficulties OK, I'm not going to dog him about this.

yondering
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Paypal just finished refunding me my money from my One Ragged Hole order back in November. I never got any response from my inquiries, evidently Paypal didn't either so they gave my money back.

I'll be ordering from Warren.

countglockula
01-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Similar experience here... I have ordered several times in the past and had excellent service. This time around, no acknowledgement, no nuthin'. Eventually went to Paypal and got a refund.

Really an excellent product, hope they can get rolling again.

Ron

RugerFan
01-11-2010, 08:21 PM
No, no sight and no return of emails. I have not submitted paperwork with the post office regarding the fate of my PMO yet.

(edit)

I just talked with Paul at Warren Custom Outdoors. Paul did get his shipment of sights in, and says he will mention the situation to Buck, so there is still hope I would say. I'm just going to let my order ride for now.

In the mean time, they can be had from here:

http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/one-hole-sights.html

I got one for my Ruger BH recently from Warren's

ghh3rd
06-06-2014, 06:24 PM
I just stumbled on this post that had replied to in 2010 and got mad all over again. That guy ripped a whole lot of people off. I talked to Warren and was able to get one... at the time that everyone was getting ripped off the guy at Warren told me he was in contact with the guy "selling them". Wound up paying 2x for it!

Rant over....