PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by Harbor Freight

waksupi
05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm PO'ed at Harbor Frieght. I needed some tools, and made two separate orders. They were supposed to be delivered by UPS. Instead, they show up USPS. Two days apart. And my PO is only open 8:00 to 4:30, M-F. So, that means missing an hour or so of work, to make a pickup. If you work away from home, and don't have anyone to run errands for you, you may want to avoid these @#$%@#%!@%!

Scrounger
05-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm PO'ed at Harbor Frieght. I needed some tools, and made two separate orders. They were supposed to be delivered by UPS. Instead, they show up USPS. Two days apart. And my PO is only open 8:00 to 4:30, M-F. So, that means missing an hour or so of work, to make a pickup. If you work away from home, and don't have anyone to run errands for you, you may want to avoid these @#$%@#%!@%!

They deliver on saturday so you can arrange delivery on Saturday; or you can have your packages delivered to a neighbor who is home during the day.

bruce drake
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
What I think Waksupi is really peeved about and I would be too if it happened to me is that he probably paid extra for UPS delivery and instead gets a delayed shipment with a slower service.

I would call HF tomorrow morning and demand a refund of the shipping difference and extra for your time that you are wasting to pick up the materials that should have been delivered to your house in the first place.

Bruce

Dutch4122
05-04-2006, 09:24 PM
This has happened to me several times in the last year by different vendors. Seems to be the new way to pocket more of our money on the shipping.

waksupi
05-04-2006, 11:26 PM
They deliver on saturday so you can arrange delivery on Saturday; or you can have your packages delivered to a neighbor who is home during the day.

Maybe where you are, but not here. No Saturday delivery or PO open hours, no delivery to anyone but the addressee. Confirmation required, and the PM is a prick. This is the sticks, and any delivery sucks.

I did contact HF, and told them I expect to be reimbursed for my time and travel. Otherwise, I WILL stop the credit card payment, and let THEM deal with it. I've been through this type of crap before, and have always came out on top of the pile. I learned many tricks years ago, when I had my first lawyer disbarred, and have picked up irritating things ever since. Marmaduke would be proud.

Crash_Corrigan
05-05-2006, 03:32 AM
I'm liking the way your mind works. Remember all correspondence is to be sent via Certified Mail with return receipt requested and always only give 'em 10 days to make good. "Give 'em Hell Harry". I had to say that I loved Truman. Good luck. Dan (Crash) Corrigan

357tex
05-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Waksupi
You need a wife to do your lite work, to keep you calm and mellow.She would make your life so much simpler.Some one to cook for you clean your house lube your boolits cut your grass haul in fire wood run your errands and greet you at the door ever afternoon with a smile,and hot meal.She could even clean your guns them old messy black power things you play with.Yessir you need a wife![smilie=l: [smilie=l:

KCSO
05-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I think Waksupi lives like we do, in the country. The post Office here runs on City hours and no one gets their mail in person. Our P/O is open from 8:30 to 4:00 and has a 1/1/2 hur lunch from 11:30 to 1:00. I leave for work at 7 and get home at 5 and never see the P/O people I get my mail from a box and packages are put in a bigger box or I have to take time off work to pick them up. If I get busy it might be 3 or 4 days before i cn get a package picked up, not good if I needed the tooling yesterday.

MGySgt
05-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't understand the different rules for different PO's. If the package is too big for my mail box, they leave a preprinted note in the mail box with 'Left package at: On porch, with neighbor, back door, etc...

We had one package on the front porch 2 days before I found it, missed the card in the mail box and used the back door.

Heck they even brought my Cabelas hard bound book to the garage where I was working and handed it to me.

I just don't understand the different rules for different PM's. I need to have my daughter in law ask her dad. He works (elected) for the beaurocrats in DC for the PO.

Drew

waksupi
05-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Waksupi
You need a wife to do your lite work, to keep you calm and mellow.She would make your life so much simpler.Some one to cook for you clean your house lube your boolits cut your grass haul in fire wood run your errands and greet you at the door ever afternoon with a smile,and hot meal.She could even clean your guns them old messy black power things you play with.Yessir you need a wife![smilie=l: [smilie=l:

Been there, done that. She only did one out of twelve, that I can recall. Cleaned the hell out of things, and I'm still re-locating things she "put away" five years ago. No, thanks! I'll be my own aggravation!

Shepherd2
05-06-2006, 09:15 AM
MGySgt - I don't think the rules are different. I think it's just that the people's attitudes are different. Our mail carrier is very much like yours. His favorite spot is the cab of my pickup truck. Always leaves a note in the mailbox.

One afternoon I was running a chain saw about 75 yards off the road. When I shut the saw off and turned around there stood the mail carrier. He had an envelope that needed a signature and saw me down by the creek. Thinking it might be important, he parked by the road and walked down to where I was.
It's no wonder everyone on his route loves the guy.

Gary Carter
05-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Waksupi
If you have one that fits these qualifications, do you take trade-ins?