PDA

View Full Version : Chronograph for sale

kawalekm
11-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Slightly used Delta chronograph for sale. Only one bullet hole. Make offer.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r55/kawalekm/chronograph.jpg

Firebricker
11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Will extra boolit holes cost extra ? LOL

HamGunner
11-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Looks about like what happened to my first one. (A red model also-with cardboard cutouts to shoot through). Chrony gave me $25 for it with trade in for my second one. A yellow model. A gas check took out the readout on it a couple of weeks ago. My next one will have the remote read out and I will be protecting the darned thing with plexiglas or a piece of wood or something to stop the occasional stray gas check as well as other debris. Hopefully, Chrony still offers the trade-in.

Not much can stop that stray bullet. With my first one, I learned not to shoot a rifle over them without sighting in first. I forgot that I had remounted the scope months before. Lessons learned.

Hunter
11-02-2009, 12:35 AM
You all might check out the CED chronographs.
The read out is separate and the sensors are tough (easily and cheaply replaced)

yondering
11-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Are you sure it's dead?

I did the same thing to one; but it still worked once I glued the clear plastic lens back in place. Looks like your shot passed right over the lens, if it's not broken you might be OK.

dromia
11-03-2009, 02:07 AM
So what was the velocity of that round? :kidding:

stubshaft
11-03-2009, 05:16 AM
So what was the velocity of that round? :kidding:

1 CPS - One Chronograph Per Shot. [smilie=b:

dromia
11-03-2009, 08:14 AM
1 CPS - One Chronograph Per Shot. [smilie=b:

[smilie=l:

AZ-Stew
11-04-2009, 06:21 PM
You can probably just replace the forward sensor unit and be back in business.

As I've said previously, before shooting over the chrono, look downrange along the side of the barrel to be sure the line of flight is above the chrono screens. Looking along the top only tells you that it will shoot between the sunshade supports.

Regards,

Stew

OutHuntn84
11-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Oh come on don't give up on it yet...lil duct tape some bailing wire and your back in business! LOL

rockrat
11-04-2009, 07:09 PM
LOL. I feel alot better knowing I am not the ONLY one to do that lately(as in 1 month). A 50 cal gas check thru the display on my pact and a 850gr slug thru the second (got it as a backup--it was cheap). So far #3 is OK.

STP22
11-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Did the same thing to a Chrony with the display window. Was clocking my 444S Marlin with Lee C430-310-RF boolits with some vintage non-crimp Lyman gas checks. If I remember correctly, it was the 4th round. :roll:

walker77
11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
In the words of Homer Simpson, those are speed holes!

Mk42gunner
11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I have that same chronograph, without the customized clearance.... yet.

Robert

Throckmorton
11-15-2009, 11:11 PM
shooting crony's is kind of like shooting milk jugs..ya only get one good shot and th're done for . :)

sorry about your loss,hope it still works after some patching up.

ghh3rd
11-16-2009, 12:02 AM
JB Weld :-)

spotsboss
02-27-2015, 04:45 PM
We are assuming that the thing was shot by accident.

shooter93
02-27-2015, 07:28 PM
There are two kinds of shooters....those who have shot a chronograph and those that will. When shooting gas checked bullets....Always borrow a friends chronograph and practice your hang dog look.

Brett Ross
02-27-2015, 11:42 PM
I have one that looks just like it 30.00 worth of parts will fix it . I won't order them until I get a bore site to help prevent a repete

georgerkahn
02-28-2015, 08:46 AM
After proving my marksmanship on my (PACT) chrony, I devised a "cover" of a piece of 2"x6" angled for front, with two ordinary gallon-paint stirrer sticks -- one on each side, held together with hot-glue. I do know about all the warnings not to do this re ricochet: better to damage the chronograph. Good or sad -- I don't know -- perhaps Murphy's Law -- but (knock wood) I haven't hit the chrony since to ascertain if this works. ALSO, a fellow at range who professes to have been a bullseye chrony shooter rubberbands to his barrel a 18" +/- piece of plastic pipe to the firearm he's chronographing bullet velocities -- sighting through that before pulling trigger. He purports this white plastic pipe "sighter tube" has saved his chrony several times. I haven't tried it; maybe this Spring (if it ever comes). I now have an Oehler 35.
BEST
georgrkahn

Squeeze
03-14-2015, 09:13 AM
I have had 4-5 of those type chrono's they work if you can stand the setup and centering between the bench and target. Right up until you start "customizing" them with holes. I finally broke down and got a magnetospeed. pricey, but I have never heard an owner regret it. Midway just had them on sale for under $350. yeah...I know you could buy 4 chronys for that... but after the bullet holes you still need a working chrony, and I havent shot my barrel mounted bayonet yet. the system is lighter faster and way easier to set up and use, no sun problems.. definitely the way to go

freebullet
03-15-2015, 03:28 AM
Lol sorry op. I give ya 20$ shipped for it. That's the whole reason I ain't bought one like that.

I seen the magneto speed sale at midway. They are coming out with a sportsman model that is said to cost 200$ when introduced. You can see the presentation on their website. It looks like the display is really basic.