PDA

View Full Version : Soon to cast some .44, but no brass :-(

ghh3rd
10-31-2009, 11:01 PM
I ordered a .44 mold, dies, and brass from Midway, but unfortunately, the brass was "out of stock".

I'll be picking up my new Ruger SBH .44 Mag revolver early this coming week, and hoped to have some brass on hand.

Anyone have perhaps 100 (even 50) .44 Mag brass that could spare for the going rate, plus shipping?

Meanwhile, I'm getting the ingredients together to try making a batch of Felix lube.

Thanks,

Randy

looseprojectile
11-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Funny how I have a plethora of all other brass such as 38 special and 45 auto but when it comes to 357 mag and 44mag I am always short.
I suspect that unless a person deliberately bought a large quantity when it was relatively cheap nearly everyone is in the same boat.
There is good news though as I have seen some components showing up on the shelves lately. I just got a thousand CCI LPM primers for 43 dollars. First time I have seen them for six or eight months. Was down to three hundred. Price sucks.
Sorry but I need .44 brass also. I don't feel comfortable unless I have at least four boxes loaded.

Life is good

bootsnthejeep
11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I sold my 44 magnum Super Blackhawk last year, so I've got a good supply of 44 mag brass I don't really use anymore. I more of a 44 special devotee now.

Get me your address and pay for the shipping and enough for a case of the cheap domestic swill beer I drink and I'll pick out 100 good ones for ya.

ghh3rd
11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey - that offers sounds good, but I just got connected with 100 new pieces, and between the new gun, molds, and the brass, I'm sort of tapped out now. If it's ok with you, I may come back to this in the future.

Thanks,

Randy

bootsnthejeep
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
No sweat bub, I'll find a use for it. Glad you found some local. :Fire: