PDA

View Full Version : Rossi

Scrounger
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I posted Monday that I had bought a Rossi 92 in .45 Colt from a Pawn Shop in Phoenix that was going out of business. I sent a license and a money order and they promised to hold it for me. Today they called, they had my money order but in the meantime all the Rossis had been sold. So much for honor and promises... I really don't mind so much losing out on the gun, it isn't the first one I didn't get. There will always be another opportunity down the road. But I really hate being lied to and used. Whatever happened to honor and respect? I should have known better, another word for 'business owner' is 'THIEF'!

lovedogs
05-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Yup, something like that can really curdle your milk. I almost had a similar incident not long ago. While having difficulty a few months ago locating a Buffalo Classic for my lady friend we finally did have good fortune at a Scheel's store way up in Billings, Mt., 270 miles from where I live. They received it and promised they'd hold it until we got there to pick it up. When we got there they couldn't find it. Believe me, after driving that far and having been promised, I was [slightly?] upset.

It took two clerks and a manager to figure out what happened. It was there but had been "put away" by the clerk who received it. It hadn't been logged in yet so didn't show up in the place it should have been. Talk about organization! By the way, that's breaking the law. By law firearms are required to be logged in with serial numbers recorded immediately.

Anyway, we got the gun and it all worked out okay. It just points out what can happen. Sometimes one clerk doesn't tell the other what's going on so things don't work out as they should.

gregg
05-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Wow! Sucks!! Sorry to hear the news.

mooman76
05-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure what model but I seen a Rossi in 45 colt here in Vegas at Bills gun shop for if I remember right $300. Not sure if you are in the area or not but I thought I would take a wag after seeing you handle!