View Full Version : I read this in the American Rifleman

buck1
05-02-2006, 10:28 PM
If you dont get it , heres a link.
http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=1916

Kinda spooky, what they can get away with. ........Buck

kodiak1
05-02-2006, 11:18 PM
buck1 I thought Canada was stupid with the laws that they enacted on us but I thing that your Government might have come up with even worse laws.
I admire the Homeland Security that The Americans have but from a person who lives in a neighboring country I have to wonder at what I hear sometimes.
Mind you I am getting tainted info from news sorces.

That could turn really bad for the honest gun owneer.
Ken

floodgate
05-03-2006, 01:09 AM
If anyone thinks the "authorities" are going to destroy firearms purchase records, or keep them private, I have a bridge to sell real cheap!

Reminds me of the time when the Commissioner of Tides for Montana - or some such bureaucrat - asked permission to discard some ancoent records dating back into the 1800's. Washington responded, "Yes, but keep copies."

floodgate (who useta BE a b*****crat)

Wayne Smith
05-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Buck, "Doing it" and "getting away with it" are two different things. Yes, they did it. Are they gonna get away with it? Apparantly not. At least there's a spotlight being put on the problem, and that's good.

1Shirt
05-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Buck1, Just like Orwell wrote in "1984" and "Animal Farm". Some pigs are more equal than others, particularly if they have lots of money, or are politicians.
1Shirt

waksupi
05-03-2006, 08:01 AM
One bad part, is the firearms that haven't been returned, are no doubt rusting away in some government basement. I wonder when the people are going to get the balls to fight back?

grumble
05-03-2006, 12:01 PM
So, when a cop shows up at the door wanting to see a particular gun, what obligation does a person have to show it to him?

I wonder if any of those with confiscated guns have bumper stickers that say, "From My Cold Dead Fingers?"

Bucks Owin
05-03-2006, 02:51 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to find that everyone on this forum is now on some kinda BATF list just because we're gun "nuts". And nothing that the BATF does surprises me anymore, they should be abolished as a shameful and disgusting stain on the American landscape....

Dennis

BTW, ever notice how you get that unwanted HCI pop up appear whenever you search a firearms related site? Hmmmmm......

357maximum
05-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Grumble,

I proudly display thet sticker you refer to on the back window of my truck. Fortunately where I live the local LEO's feel the same way. When the government decides to turn me into an outlaw I know for a fact several of them will also be made into outlaws, outlaws who believe that anything worth believing in is worth giving your life for. One day we as gun owners are all gonna have to make the decision as to whether we are subjects, or citizens. This country was founded by men tired of living under tyranny and some day the tyrant powers that be will again quit hiding and force honest men to decide whether what they believe is worth fighting for. Good honest , hard working tax paying, gun touting AMERICANS may very well one day have to give up this defensive stance and decide whether or not to take the offensive and back up what they believe. I will stay a law abiding citizen as long as the law will allow me to, so don't get me wrong I am not saying pick up your guns and take to the streets. But when the streets come to me " I know what I am willing to do".

I would rather lie free and lifeless on my lawn than be a live subject in the house.

If you think that this makes me sound crazy, thank you I agree, in the same way the the founding fathers were thought to be crazy. And although many cannot admit it to themselves, they would do the same. Hiding and not placing a sticker of what you believe is not the answer. The answer WILL come to you when you ARE FORCED to make that decision. The federal tyranny is not afraid of me and they are not afraid of you, but they are afraid of US as a whole.

I am afraid of and sickened by the thought that the next war fought on our soil may not be from outside, but from within.

When good men are forced to do bad things there is alot fo be lost and a lot to be gained, sometimes freedom ain't so free.

buck1
05-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Buck, "Doing it" and "getting away with it" are two different things. Yes, they did it. Are they gonna get away with it? Apparantly not. At least there's a spotlight being put on the problem, and that's good.
YES SIR!!
Thank goodness for the NRA. If it wernt for them, NONE of us could own a firearm of any kind!
If your not a member, I recomend you become one.
LINK.... http://membership.nrahq.org/
IMHO its the only way responsiable gun owners can protect our rights. The pen IS mightier than the sward. And the prefered wepon of the anti gunners. and that is the only way to really protect our rights.
Just think if all the money and energy that went in to Anti gun efforts would have been spent on those much needed prisions.
They cant seem to grasp the fact that new and more laws are not the answer, as criminals dont obay the law.
If someone robs a 7/11 with a gun they get the electric chair. Only robbers would be affected. Heck Im for it! WHY? Because none of us are about to do anything like that.

JOIN THR NRA AND WRIGHT YOUR CONGRESSMEN/WOMEN AND VOTE! IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD , THATS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.
Most anything else will only hurt RESPONSIABLE GUN OWNERS. ....Buck

Ivantherussian03
05-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Reading that story made me think. There is a scene in the movie "Red Dawn" , near the begining of the movie.

Here the is short version. The Russians invade the heartland of America. They have a sneak attack of elite airborne: Russian, Cuban, Nicaragua. Chaos ensues.
A bumper sticker reads " They can have my gun when they take it from my cold dead hand." 5 seconds later thats is what they do, except the hand is most likely warm.

I think most people are brought up to be law abiding citizens, and dont want to risk trouble with the law.

9.3X62AL
05-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Sadly, I believe 357 Maximum may be correct. There WERE gun round-ups attempted in California in 1992, door knocks at residences with info developed from BATFE's Operation Forward Trace in the late 1980's and blended with assault weapon registration info after the 1989 legislation. These were almost entirely unsuccessful, I should add. :-)

One very good reason to be glad to have retired is that I will no longer be obliged to tell superiors that I WILL NOT PARTICIPATE in these patently unconstitutional practices. Such events are a great way for a cop to get his a-- shot off by an otherwise law-abiding citizen. When "what is right" and "what is legal" no longer follow parallel paths--it's time to do some route picking, all right.

buck1
05-06-2006, 06:35 PM
One final thought...
How many gun owners say something like : They wont get my gun,Cold dead fingers kinda thing. But they wont take 5 minutes and $0.37 to pen a letter to their ELECTED(read as wants to be REelected) congressman( read as LAW MAKERs) and tell them YOUR/OUR side. You can bet the gun grabbers are!
We got to focus our efforts where they will do the most good, after I read the story , I wrote my congressmen and told him how I felt about it. What if everyone else here did the same? Now that would be a message! Much better than a bumper sticker.

TELL THEM RIGHT NOW AND FOR FREE WITH THE NRAs HELP AT THIS LINK!!
I made my voice heard ! will you?
http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Ok Sorry for the rant, but we all know what the problim is , So we need to tell the lawmakers. My congressman will most likely never see my bumper sticker, Oh yes I have one too!.................... Buck

357maximum
05-06-2006, 09:37 PM
buck

I have done and do all you have wrote and will continue to in the future. I could not agree with you more. The bumper sticker is for me to share my beliefs , plus I find it to be a decent theft deterrent while my rig is parked at out of the way boat launches and secluded access trail heads, and such.

Michael

buck1
05-06-2006, 10:24 PM
buck

I have done and do all you have wrote and will continue to in the future. I could not agree with you more. The bumper sticker is for me to share my beliefs , plus I find it to be a decent theft deterrent while my rig is parked at out of the way boat launches and secluded access trail heads, and such.

Michael
after re reading all the posts ,I realized it looked like I was picking on you. I was not at all. I agree with you, our freedom was fought for and won, not given by any means!

I cant seem to get my local shooting buddies to voice their opinions to congerss! When I try to get them to , they get all huffy and "not mine" and so on. No one
single person but in general.
I want to pass my guns down to my sons , not have them pryed from my cold dead fingers. The best way I see to do that is makeing sure the NRA is strong and our letters to congerss back them up!
God bless.............Buck

357maximum
05-07-2006, 12:48 AM
"after re reading all the posts ,I realized it looked like I was picking on you. I was not at all. I agree with you, our freedom was fought for and won, not given by any means!"

I did not take it that way at all. I knew exactly what you meant. I seriously agree with you. I too have buddies who think that it could/would never happen. There are a few who did not even renew the membership I bought them to the NRA. I try to rally the troops every chance I get. Sometimes I come off a little Michigan Militia sounding, but that is never my intent. It is hard for me not to get excited/expressive when I talk/rant/argue about what I believe down to the soul of my being.

Michael

buck1
05-16-2006, 10:54 PM
UPDATE:
There are now 2 bills before congress that are in responce to the BATFs conduct!!!!
Behold the power of the pen(S) that back the NRA!!

PatMarlin
05-17-2006, 12:27 AM
-and God is in control.

Amen.. :drinks:

Lee
05-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Yep, one more reason to thank God each morning you wake up.
Our founding fathers did.
More and more heathens don't, and see where it's taking us.
My .02.................................Lee:)

HTRN
05-17-2006, 05:49 AM
If you think that Richmond gunshow nonsense was something to get worked up about, get this: the BATFE recently decided to change it's definition of "manufacturing a firearm" from creating the controlled(IE serial numbered) part of the firearm, to "making substantial changes of a firearm".

They're going after the custom smiths.:evil:

See here (http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2006/03/batf-jihad-against-custom-gunsmths.html) for details.

How the hell does a law enforcement agency get to decide what the law is?

HTRN