PDA

View Full Version : Rifle/Pistol Ranges in Broward County FL?

JIMinPHX
10-29-2009, 01:08 PM
I may be spending a fair amount of time in Broward County Florida in the near future. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good spots for rifle & pistol shooting.

Thanks,
Jim

JIMinPHX
10-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Anything near by? Public land where it is legal to target shoot?

clong
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM
No personal knowledge, but a google search reveals.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Broward+County+Florida+gun+range&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

NoZombies
10-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Northern Florida I know... southern not as much, but it's a fairly gun-friendly state, and there are usually ranges in about every real city. Good Luck!

Le Loup Solitaire
10-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Once lived there for a couple of years. There are/were some good indoor ranges that were air conditioned and that is a good feature to consider. Without AC, unless you are used to doing things without it or don't mind the heat, dripping sweat when you are trying to concentrate can be annoying and S. Florida has an outstanding abundance of humidity. The range fees/memberships varied with the location; high rent district ranges like W. Palm for example charge more for the memberships and things, etc. Many local shooters go out to the everglades and shoot on public land or frequent various outdoor club ranges at several locations in the "outback". When I tried a couple of them out ( which is the only place where you can really do rifle work) They were hot, muggy and you had to deal with the insects. The sun (burn) factor is also be present as it is pretty direct in that neck of the woods. All that was some time ago and things change quickly down that way. Coming from Phoenix most of the above may not bother you. A good place to start would be going into the yellow pages on-line for Pompano, Ft Lauderdale and some of the other cities in that area and checking out Gun clubs and shooting ranges that are listed. Once you get started and connect with some of the " local brethren" you will be better in the know. LLS

joeb33050
10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
There's a 100 yard range at Markham Park in Sunrise, FL, west of Ft. Lauderdale. Very noice and well run. I've been there the last 2 Tuesdays.
Another 100 yard range in Miami FL, Trail Glades Range, at about the corner of Rt 41 and Krome Ave. Now under construction or renovation, supposed to re-open ~Dec. 09.
I'm 100 miles from Trail Glades, where I've shot for 9 years.
Rifle ranges are scarce down here.
joe b.

JIMinPHX
10-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks Joe, that's what I was looking for. I've shot skeet at Markham, but didn't know that they had a rifle range.

If anyone knows the rules on shooting out in the swamp, that would also be useful to me.

Thanks,
Jim

Also, where is a good place to buy powder & primers down there?