PDA

View Full Version : Sizing 284 to 7.5 Swiss with a Lee Hand Press

jh45gun
04-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Well got my Lee dies today for the 7.5 Swiss and decided to try resizing some 286 WIn to 7.5 Swiss with my Lee Hand press I have two and are the only presses I own. Well like every thing else I have tried with this press it worked flawlessly. I followed the directions I got about going a half a turn more or a bit more on the sizing die and it worked like a charm. I only bought 5 cases to see how it would work and it was not a problem. I used a lube pad and the normal Hornady lube and it worked fine. I just put a dab on lube inside the neck with a pipcleaner and they sized with out a hitch. I tried one in my K31 and they chamber fine and eject fine also. First loads will be with cast bullets and 16 grains of 2400 as that is what I happen to have on hand at the moment. Jim

Bob S
04-22-2005, 06:11 PM
You gotta be kidding .... a Lee hand press????

Well, maybe I should get one of those and throw it in my range box. I frequently tune loads right at the range, but I have been using Lyman/Ideal No. 10 and 310 "nutcrackers". I can see where the ability to FL resize on the range might come in handy some day...

Just curious ... where in the world can you buy only five cartridge cases? I get the sealed Winchester bags of 50, and AFAIK, that's the smallest "unit of issue".

Resp'y,
Bob S.

jh45gun
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
The local gun shop buys in bulk ( I suppose in 50 and a 100 bags) and then just pours them in a bin and charges so much a case. I suppose that way in the long run they sell more as you can buy as many or as little as you want. Yea that Lee hand press really works well I have 2 of them I bought one and then I found a new one at a gun show for 10 bucks so I grabbed that one also. I live in a Apt where I really do not have room for a reloading bench so I load every thing with the Hand press. I have found it does every thing I want it to do even to sizing lead bullets. I load and full length size 30/30, 6.5 swede, 7mm, 8mm, 308, 762x54, and 45/70 with my hand presses and have not had a problem so far. I like em! :) Jim

EDG
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Guys,
Graf's sells brass in this caliber.
Ed

crazy mark
04-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Guys,
Graf's sells brass in this caliber.
Ed

They are out of 7.5 Swiss until a new shipment comes in unless you want to buy loaded ammo from them at $20 a box of 20 plus shipping.

jh45gun
04-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Yep thats right word is it will be sometime this summer. Rumor has it that WOLF will also be making it in reloadabe boxer cases coming out this summer.