PDA

View Full Version : Another mulie down

idahoron
10-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I wanted to post the picture of my buddy and his buck, he got it yesterday. He has been having a tough time this year. His uncle gave him this rifle. It is a TC White mountain carbine. His first round of bad luck was working up a load. He tried 777 and thought heck I use 100 gr of pyrodex in my other gun I will try 100 gr with the 777. Well it resulted in a broken stock. He used accuraglass to fix the crack since his hunt was too close to send it to TC. Then he could not get a load to shoot in the gun. He found out that his uncle and let the barrel get leaded up bad. He cleaned all the lead out and I helped him out with bullets.
I gave him 50 paper patched 500 S&W bullets the same as I used with my rifle. He started to get 2” to 3” groups at 100 yards with the rifle with 80 gr of Pyrodex P. On the first day hunting He tried to get real close to a very nice deer. I told him the deer was at 109 yards and he tried to get closer. The buck bolted and never gave him a chance. He didn’t get another chance at a buck until this one.
His first shot at this buck was quartering away. The wind was howling with gusts up to 40 MPH and he didn’t know if the buck moved or the wind caused a problem but he hit it too far back. He reloaded and caught back up with the buck. He had a quartering on shot at little over 100 yards. The bullet hit the point of the shoulder and exited out the flank at the hind quarter. That shot slammed him to the ground. The big 460 gr bullet pulled through again
His main objective was to get a buck so he could send a picture to his uncle. He was very happy to get this buck for him and his uncle.
His gun again is a TC whit mountain carbine. The load was a 460 gr paper patched 500S&W bullet sized to fit the gun. The powder was 80 gr Pyrodex P.
Ron

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/idahoron/Deer%20hunting/Johndeer02-a.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/idahoron/Deer%20hunting/Johndeer05-a.jpg

cabezaverde
10-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Nice Deer, great story.

Potsy
10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Buddy of mine hunted with a White Mountain Carbine when we were younger.
That darn gun killed more deer than Blue Tongue.
I've tried to buy it as he is an Encore man now, but he won't budge.

MT Gianni
10-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice long tines on that buck.

Ranch Dog
10-28-2009, 11:27 PM
That is quite a story and a great buck!