PDA

View Full Version : New shooting bench

skeet1
10-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I just thought you guys might like to see the shooting bench I just built. I have used it a few times now and am very happy with it. One of the things I like is that the seat will slide forward and backward to place you how ever close you want to sit. I haven't posted many photos and I hope I have done this right.

azcoyhunter
10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
skeet1,

Very nice. How heavy would you guess it is?

RayinNH
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Very nice bench skeet. The only drawback that I see is that it's right handed [smilie=1:...Ray

skeet1
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't know how heavy it is but I had to use a dolly to move it. It is made of treated wood. the legs are 6X6 and the frame work is 2X6 and is screwed together with deck screws. When I got it in place I used some preservative deck stain to change it from the treated lumber green to brown.

Skeet1

Edubya
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Real nice work there, Skeet. It must be nice to be able to go out in your own back yard to pop a few rounds. I sometimes think about moving just for that purpose.
Our little community has 'bout near doubled in the last 15 years, as a result, I have to load up and drive 15 mins. to the range now.
EW

bubba.50
10-26-2009, 11:51 PM
yeah...what ray said.

twotoescharlie
10-27-2009, 11:08 AM
us pore old southpaws just have to make do, I use a folding ironing board, taint much but bettern' nuthin'

TTC

Doc Highwall
10-27-2009, 11:46 AM
The only fault with it is, the sitting stool should not be attached to the bench. With the stool unattached the bench will not be stressed as much when you sit down and get up making the joints loosen up. A bench that is tapered on both sides at the back with a seperate stool will allow both left and right handed shooters to use it. Nice job otherwise.

OutHuntn84
10-27-2009, 11:59 AM
I dont care what these other guys think,:kidding: I like it! Great work Skeet. Lefties can still use it, just have to bring their own stool, see the over hang on the(sitting down) back right side.

skeet1
10-27-2009, 02:39 PM
The stool or seat is not attached to the bench, it rests on the frame on the right side and on the ground on the left side. It is made to slide forward and back on the frame. If I knew you lefties were going to come over to shoot with me I would have made provisions for left handed folks.

Skeet1