PDA

View Full Version : "Ignore" feature

anachronism
10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Please tell me we have an "ignore" option, and how do I use it? I'm serious folks...

mike in co
10-25-2009, 06:06 PM
so that people that tend to waste bandwidth, are complete morons, lack common sense, only waste thier own time not yours.

i have several on my list...

mike in co

redneckdan
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I think he asked 'how' to use it? Under Settings & Options (left side of screen) in your user cp (tab is in the upper right of this screen) you will find a button call Edit Ignore List in there you can add or remove people from your ignore list.

anachronism
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Thank you. I must have overlooked that in my frantic haste.

Bill*
10-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Curiousity....How doe it work? Does it blank out their posts, or what?

runfiverun
10-25-2009, 07:23 PM
you never see their posts ever.
just like it ain't there,unless I am on your list then you won't see this.

fatnhappy
10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
you never see their posts ever.
just like it ain't there,unless I am on your list then you won't see this.

You'll see a blank header that gives you two options. The first is to reveal the indiviual post. The second is to remove the person from your ignore list.
You will see their posts if they're quoted by someone else in the thread. I have several trolls on my ignore list.

anachronism
10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
You'll see a blank header that gives you two options. The first is to reveal the indiviual post. The second is to remove the person from your ignore list.
You will see their posts if they're quoted by someone else in the thread. I have several trolls on my ignore list.

You're about to meet a new one. I won't name names, or further acknowledge his existence. You'll know him when you meet.

runfiverun
10-26-2009, 08:50 PM
it starts with stephen though.

BruceB
10-26-2009, 10:36 PM
My ignore list is thankfully very short.

However, I have discovered that posts from those on my ignore list DO APPEAR when using the "Today" function.

It's a minor glitch and doesn't worry me very much.