PDA

View Full Version : Mid south shooters supply

walker77
10-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I ordered a lyman 44 mold last week from them. Its dropping at .427 So i called them and told them about it. I cant remember the lady's name, but she went out of her way to do all she could to help me out. She mentioned they had a couple others had problems with that recently. But no problem, she would email me a return fedex label. I mentioned to her if it was possible to get some one to check it out before they sent it out. She said she had some calipers at her desk, and she would go out and check them all out for me herself. So a half an hour or so went by and she called back and said they were having some issues finding some in spec. But she wanted to know what size i was wanting and would ship it out. So i told her i would like at least .430 but perferably a little bigger. So a little more time went by and she called me back and said she found one that is .430 she said she was going to send it out and wanted me to check it out and see what size it will actually drops, because if they ordered from lyman it could be several weeks. Sad thing was, out of their inventory of lyman 44 keith style they only had this one in spec. They said they were boxing all the rest up and sending them back to lyman. Thats sad! But i was very impressed how much they went out of their way to help me out. Not to mention their low prices!

10-23-2009, 08:07 PM
I received excellent customer service regarding a broken bullet puller. Millie(?) kept me informed as to the situation's status and credit issuance.

cabezaverde
10-23-2009, 08:15 PM
They are great people.

southpaw
10-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I have placed quite a few orders with them and have had no issues what so ever. Fast shipping and low prices have me going back. It is great to hear that their customer services is excellent as well.

Jerry Jr.

BarryinIN
10-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Midsouth has always been good to me.

beagle
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Been doing business with them since they were in Dixon in 1988. Great people to do business with. Maybe a little low on stuff at inventory time but that's the only complaint I've ever had./beagle

Shiloh
10-24-2009, 09:55 AM
They had gas checks back in March when others were out.

Shiloh

mooman76
10-24-2009, 10:07 AM
I have never had to deal with them on a problem order but I get my stuff right away!

Shooter6br
10-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Hard to find better service or prices Customer for over 15 yrs

captain-03
10-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I have only ordered from them a couple times - service was excellent ....... Maybe if all the suppliers actually packed-up their moulds and sent them back to Lyman, Lyman would start to get the message -- Lyman will just probably pack them back up and send them to someone else ....

mrbill2
10-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Midsouth is where I look first when buying. Lyman should be so good !! I've often wondered what Cathy looks for at Lyman quality control dept..

alamogunr
10-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't order as much from them as I would like to because of the sales tax. As a resident of Tennessee, they have to charge me 9.75% sales tax. If the total is close, I'll order from them. Otherwise, I go to Grafs. I have the same problem with Widener's.

John
W.TN

felix
10-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Mr.Bill2, I can answer that. The object must LOOK like it is brand new. Very few of us, even on this board, won't accept something advertised as new but PERCEPTIBLY is not upon arrival. Give me tools that meet MY functional spec any day, and let the cosmetics go by the way side. This is the only reason I have not partaken in the group buys from LEE. ... felix

abunaitoo
10-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Anyone know if they are willing to ship in a USPS flat rate box????
I order from Graf because they do.
Midway has finally offered to ship in the falt rate box, but I'm happy with the service I get from Graf, so I'm sticking with them.

walker77
10-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I think they offer usps, but i dont think they offer a flat rate box. I usually go with fedex ground and get it in 3 days and runs right at 8$

Newtire
10-24-2009, 07:37 PM
I remember when Midway paid the freight on anything over $50. Berry's still does that very deal.

Here's Graf's deal right from the website.

"Graf & Sons Pays Freight
We beat the competition hands down! Graf & Sons pays the freight whether your order is 5 pounds or 500 pounds!

A handling and insurance charge of $4.50 applies when placing your order online or $6.95 when the order is placed over the phone, mail or fax! (See terms and conditions for more details and exclusions.)"

mrbill2
10-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Mr.Bill2, I can answer that. The object must LOOK like it is brand new. Very few of us, even on this board, won't accept something advertised as new but PERCEPTIBLY is not upon arrival. Give me tools that meet MY functional spec any day, and let the cosmetics go by the way side. This is the only reason I have not partaken in the group buys from LEE. ... felix

It's like making fishing lures. The companies that make lures don't paint the lures to catch fish, they paint them to catch fishermen. After they have your money, they don't care.[smilie=s:

walker77
10-24-2009, 08:31 PM
I remember when Midway paid the freight on anything over $50. Berry's still does that very deal.

Here's Graf's deal right from the website.

"Graf & Sons Pays Freight
We beat the competition hands down! Graf & Sons pays the freight whether your order is 5 pounds or 500 pounds!

A handling and insurance charge of $4.50 applies when placing your order online or $6.95 when the order is placed over the phone, mail or fax! (See terms and conditions for more details and exclusions.)"

Its not exactly free shipping if they still charge a handling fee.

Newtire
10-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Its not exactly free shipping if they still charge a handling fee.

It sure beats the $10.00 mandatory Midway charge though. They have cheaper flatrate boxes also that could be used say if you're only ordering a couple boxes of gas checks.

bubba.50
10-24-2009, 09:27 PM
best prices, best customer service. 'nuff said. bubba.

walker77
10-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I stay away from midway if i can. I would have to pay Missouri sales tax.

AZ-Stew
10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I've been doing business with Midsouth for at least 30 years. They're my vendor of choice. I only go to Midway when I can't get what I want from Midsouth.

No one gives you "free" shipping. It's always picked up somewhere else. Either in item prices or by some service charge.

Regards,

Stew

largom
10-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Midsouth has been my supplier of choice for 25 yrs. Only buy elsewhere if Midsouth does not stock it.

Larry

GLL
10-25-2009, 05:27 PM
I have used MidSouth for years !

GREAT service ! The VERY best packaging of ANY company (any product line) I have ever seen ! :)

Jerry

no34570
10-25-2009, 05:53 PM
I've used Midsouth
And I'm from Australia,ordered over 600 Unprimed Rifle Cases(444,45/70) and ordered 1600 various projectiles for my 444 Marlin,307 Win and 44 mag Rifle,had to get a import permit and an export permit,but by the time I paid for all the stuff and shipping and export permit(our permits to import a free,if I remember correctly)I was still getting them cheaper than I could of got here,don't figure?
I was in contact with Sandra from International sales,very helpful lady,good to do business with.

wistlepig1
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Mid South, good people and fast service. Never had any problems with them.

bkbville
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
I get the dealer pricing at Graf's - and that is hard to beat (even paying the shipping.) I use them unless an item is out of stock. Returns are an issue.

Midway's dealer discount is insignificant - can often find things cheaper other places for less. I do like that in-stock stuff ships usually the next day, and it's easy to track. They have tremendous customer service, take anything back

I've only started to use Midsouth, but they've been pretty good.

Southern Son
10-27-2009, 06:37 AM
I've used Midsouth
And I'm from Australia,ordered over 600 Unprimed Rifle Cases(444,45/70) and ordered 1600 various projectiles for my 444 Marlin,307 Win and 44 mag Rifle,had to get a import permit and an export permit,but by the time I paid for all the stuff and shipping and export permit(our permits to import a free,if I remember correctly)I was still getting them cheaper than I could of got here,don't figure?
I was in contact with Sandra from International sales,very helpful lady,good to do business with.

Australian Gunshops get shirty when I say that I can get something cheaper from a US company, telling me that I will have to wait for them to send it internationally, pay for shipping, etc. On the 14th of October I ordered some stuff from Buffalo Arms. It arrived here on the 21st. 7 DAYS! I ordered some stuff 2 months ago from two shops that are in my state (Queensland), the "quick" one got my stuff to me in 11 days, the other took 19 days. The longest I have had to wait for something from Buffalo Arms was 10 days, and the longest I have had to wait for something from a US company was 14 days (my CUSTOM made Steve Brookes Creedmore boolit mould, and that was so pretty that I would have gladly waited 2 months). Admittedly, alot of the stuff I import is a bit oddball (BPCR stuff), but the stuff I got from the Australian gunshops I mentioned above was mainstream (a scope, some mounts, a stock for a Savage rifle). I think that some Australian gunshops (and the Australian Importers) really need to look at this. In this day and age, anyone can get nearly anything via the net, why would I wait for them to get it for me, and then pay more for the honour of having waited longer. I am getting worked up. Time to take a Bex and have a little lay down.[smilie=w:

canebreaker
10-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Nice having an address in Southaven, ms and Nashville, tn. Depending on where I order from, I don't pay sales tax.

Lawnjockey
10-27-2009, 10:01 AM
I buy from them now and then. They got on the wrong side of me a few years ago when I purchased a T7 press from them. They had it on special and the photo showed the primer feed. Nothing in the text indicated the primer feed wasn't included. The press arrived without it so I had to order it at extra cost. I noticed latter they changed their ad to state the feed wasn't included. I wasn't too pleased because it resulted in additional cost beyond what it would have cost me to do it in one transaction because of their mistake. On the other hand I have never had a problem with Midway but their web site is way to slow. Brownells is great if you need someone who has a clue as to what they are talking about.

Jocko

GLL
10-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Jocko:

I had a somewhat similar experience with MidSouth. I pointed out the ad error, they apologized and sent the deleted item immediately at no charge !

Jerry

bruce drake
10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I've been doing business with Midsouth for at least 10 years. They're my vendor of choice. I only go to Midway when I can't get what I want from Midsouth.

Brownells and Numrich are my rifle-parts fellows but Midsouth is my #1 choice for boolits.

Bruce

Lawnjockey
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
That is good to hear. I still do business with them, I'm just not jumping up and down with joy about it. The way I see it is they should have at least made it so I wasn't paying more than I would have if I bought both items at the same time.

Jocko

dualsport
10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm going to try spilling my ammo down the steps before a match. You never know.