PDA

View Full Version : Help

kbstenberg
10-21-2009, 12:53 AM
I need some help with my Ruger 77. This hapened today an i am at a loss as to how to fix it.
I usually try putting all new once fired brass through my guns action to make shure it feeds an chambers properly so i only have to size the necks before i load the cartrige. WHEEEL i put a case into my rifle tried to close the action. No could do. Ok fine this case i have to full lenth size. I tried to bring the bolt to the rear it wouldn't budge. Next i tried more hand force, still wouldn't move.
Next i got a rubber headed mallet. VERY VERY gently taped the bolt handle, still no movement.
Again i tried to close the bolt, still won't move forward or back. HELP!!!!!
Kevin

danski26
10-21-2009, 01:09 AM
The ruger has a large claw extractor. It can take more than just gentle taps with the rubber mallet. Give it a medium smack.

waksupi
10-21-2009, 01:29 AM
How far into the chamber is it? Did a stray from some other caliber sneak in? Try putting a rod down the bore, and gently tap on the casing, while some one tries the bolt.

Hardcast416taylor
10-21-2009, 01:32 AM
This happened to a friend of mine once, yes I do have a friend! We put together segments of a G.I. cleaning rod down the barrel and with both of us either tapping on the bolt handle or the rod we finally drove the case out. NEVER put an unsized case that was fired in another gun in yours without sizeing it full length first.Robert:holysheep

kbstenberg
10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I will try your suggestions shortly
Thanks Kevin
How embarrassing

GabbyM
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
This is how I snapped the bolt handle off one of my Remington's. I think the Ruger 77 is a one piece handle but still.

I'd give it a medium whack but if it doesn't break loose buy a steel rod from the hardware store. If your caliber is over 1/4" it will help.

The first thing to do in such cases is drop a cleaning rod down the bore. Most times when it hits bottom the case will come loose.

largom
10-21-2009, 07:29 PM
How far into the chamber is it? Did a stray from some other caliber sneak in? Try putting a rod down the bore, and gently tap on the casing, while some one tries the bolt.

+1 on the rod down the bore. A shot of Kroil down the bore might help also. I NEVER pound on a bolt handle if I can help it.

Larry