PDA

View Full Version : On target

old06
10-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I’ve been playing around with inline’s for a few years and even hunted last year I didn’t get one. What is the best way to sight my gun in and be able to loaded it to go out hunting with out it being off target by about 3 to 4 inches. Right now I have to fire a shot to foul the thing to get it back on target.

Nobade
10-19-2009, 08:47 PM
is your first round clean bore shot consistant, or random? If it is consistant, then you will know where to hold.

old06
10-19-2009, 09:11 PM
is your first round clean bore shot consistant, or random? If it is consistant, then you will know where to hold.

Here are some of the facts on the gun and load. CVA Kodiak 50 cal with a 100 grain of 777 lose with a 45-240 Hornady XTP MAG,and a Remington primer for inlines, 3 X 9 Simmon. If I clean between each shot I have a group about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ but here is what gets me at the end of the day I clean the rifle and send a patch with a little oil on it to stop the bore rust even if I clean it with alcohol and a wet patch the a couple of dry it wants to put the first shot at a about 2 to 3 inches off center it could be high, low left or right no tellen.

docone31
10-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I might consider the R.E.A.L. with that rifle. I do not know much about inlines, however, the scraping action might be of help here.
I don't know about inlines.
It seems self defeating to not have the ability to reload quickly in the field.
When I am in the range, I fire round balls, in both my .50, and .54. The R.E.A.L. does scrape the bore. I can feel the fouling scrape down when I load.
Food for thought.
The R.E.A.L.s might be good for inlines.

old06
10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Problem solved heres what I did, 1 alcohol patch then a Windex patch 2 dry patches and fired 2 primers the thing hit 2 inches hi at a 100 right where I wanted it, then I fired it several more times to play with it cleaned it as normal as if I was finished ran a oil patch at the end and then ran through the steps once more and the shot hit right by the first shot les than ¼ inch from it. I cant wait for Saturday. I got them flocking in to my stand