PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 358446

Bucks Owin
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Was wondering how many others shoot this "old .357 standard" plain base boolit?
I have a bunch of 'em cast up and I'm starting some load development with an eye towards "Field Gun" silhouette and all around .357 use.

I'll likely use LilGun for "going fast" (and for it's somewhat "kinder" max pressures in my M19-4...)

How about some of your favorite "recipes"?

(Especially with HS-6 since I have a lot of it on hand....)

Dennis

454PB
04-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I have that mould in two cavity, it was given to me by my Grand dad 33 years ago. One winter I got bored and cast up two big coffee cans full from wheelweight alloy.

My pet load coincidentally is 9 gr. HS-6 and a magnum primer. This is a fairly mild load, but about max with HS-6 in my guns. This combination shoots as well as I can hold.

If you want to push it harder, I like Bluedot, H-110, WW 296, and I'm just starting to experiment with Lil'Gun.

Bucks Owin
04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
I have that mould in two cavity, it was given to me by my Grand dad 33 years ago. One winter I got bored and cast up two big coffee cans full from wheelweight alloy.

My pet load coincidentally is 9 gr. HS-6 and a magnum primer. This is a fairly mild load, but about max with HS-6 in my guns. This combination shoots as well as I can hold.

If you want to push it harder, I like Bluedot, H-110, WW 296, and I'm just starting to experiment with Lil'Gun.

Thanks pal. I was thinking of starting with 8 grs of HS-6 as a matter of fact....mag primer huh?

I think you'll like the LG, I sure do....

Dennis