PDA

View Full Version : Mayors' Conference on Gun Control

grumble
04-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I heard a brief blurb on the news yesterday about the Mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, calling a conference on gun control with other large cities' mayors. That was all I heard. Does anyone have any info about what's going on at that conference?

sundog
04-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Grumble, haven't heard anything other than it's happening. Newly elected mayor from Tulsa is there. From Tulsa? Yea. Go figure. Supposedly it's a 'crime prevention' conference, but knowing bloomberg's leanings it's highly suspicious that it is yet another attempt to find a way to blame other states for Fun City's crime problem - or accoding to him it's a gun problem. I got news for him, "Hey, Mikey, it's the criminals. Lock the ******** up for a long, long time. No parole, no halfway house, no house arrest, no monitoring collar, no rehabilitation, no time off for good behavior, no nothing except real long jail time."

StarMetal
04-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Grumble, thou asked and thou received. Go here for the story of why they are meeting and it's not good.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/26/nyregion/26guns.html

Joe

grumble
04-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Joe! I googled and came up empty, 'preciate you finding that article.

Didn't sound nearly as bad as it could have been. Only 15 mayors showed up, and even the NY Times didn't gush and gurgle about their lackluster meeting results.

fatnhappy
04-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Good, Bloomberg couldn't find his ass with both hands. With him and Nagin leading the charge we're sure to win.

Guido4198
04-27-2006, 06:04 AM
I don't often post rants or political stuff, but this topic touches on a major concern for all of us. Let's face it, the Democrat party smells "blood in the water" as the next election cycle approaches. Especially in the next Presidential election. They believe they have a good chance to win back the White House and are lining up their special interest agendas to take our country down a radically liberal path.
Since we are still in a representative democracy...it behooves each of us to do whatever we can to prevent their victory. Don't sit back and just "let it happen" then gripe when you find yourself living in their version of a "new reality".
Rant over....
Cheers,
Don

keeper89
04-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Sorry to disagree about bloomberg but the only thing he can find is his ass--if you catch my drift! WANT TO KEEP YOUR PEOPLE SAFE? KEEP THE FRIGGING CRIMINALS IN PRISON WHERE THEY BELONG, DON'T WRING YOUR HANDS ABOUT AN OUT OF STATE GUN PURCHASE! IT TAKES A CROOK TO PULL THE TRIGGER!
Stupidity and the limp wristed are really starting to tip me over.....:mad: