PDA

View Full Version : No More Williams' Beeswax....this year, anyway

BruceB
04-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Gents;

I just got a note from Bob Williams asking, " Take my name off of computer as I'm not shipping any more wax this year. Thanky. Bob"

So....I hope that them as needed wax got what they needed before Bob shut down sales. Certainly a bunch of us did! I don't know if Bob just got tired of filling orders, or if something else has come along to keep him super-busy. Whatever, he surely did us a major favor with the great price on his wax and the trusting manner in which he dealt with us.

(ben, I have your wax here in Winnemucca.)

trooperdan
04-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I had a feeling this good deal was going to come to an end. Unfortunately, his name just came up on the cast bullets Yahoo forum so I suspect he will be pestered with orders for evermore now.

Diamond-City-Bob
04-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I received #20 last week which should be enough for a while . Sent off a thank you note to Bob this morning. Heck of a deal on the wax, the stuff I got was clean except for some (very, very little) surface grit that settled to the bottom of the pot when I melted it.
Bob

JSH
04-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Bruce I got my fair share a while back.
My main concern is did the man ever collect all of his funds? I had called and talked to him last fall and he was still a little short.
I don't want him to have a bad taste for what he did, the mans generosity does not need to be taken advantage of. I would chip in and send a check for part of the funds he was shorted by some.
Jeff

Willbird
04-23-2005, 08:58 AM
I wonder if he may be on soc. sec. or some other pension and thus limited to only a certian amount of income in a calender year.

I sure wish I had sent him a $20 tho :-(

Bill

Ken O
04-24-2005, 10:03 AM
I dont make my own lubes yet, but aren't the toilet seals that cost .79 ea. pure beeswax?

Willbird
04-24-2005, 10:12 AM
I think those are parrafin wax, which does not serve the same function in boolit lubes.

Bill

mroliver77
04-24-2005, 02:11 PM
I read it is petroline if I remember correctly. I guess they used to be beeswax. Whatever they are it has qualities more like thick vasoline. I handlubed some slow .38 WC with straight toilet wax and they were fine with no leading. Jay

carpetman
04-24-2005, 03:19 PM
The question of whether toilet bowl rings are beeswax comes up often. No, they are petroleum based. But they look like beeswx,won't it work the same? Ever wonder why the subject of urr uhh what kind of beer do you drink comes up?

Willbird
04-24-2005, 04:09 PM
As a Green consious shooter I am wondering it we should only use USED toilet rings ?? these will have added organic flavor added to help them breakdown when I retunr them to the environment along with some nasty evil lead.

Bill

StarMetal
04-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I always thought a toilet ring was the red ring you got around your ass from sitting on the dang thing too long reading gun rags .

Joe

carpetman
04-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Starmetal---Toilet ring is not the red ring you get from setting too long. Most would be unaware of that anyways-----just for curiosity,what are you looking for anyways when you see it? Toilet ring is the phone which will most assuredly ring EVERYTIME at the most inappropriate time when there is nobody else around to answer it.

StarMetal
04-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Carpetman

I guess I got that from an old saying my Dad you to say: A rich man has a diamond ring, an average man has a gold ring...and all a Hobo has is a ring around his ass.

Sir, you most certainly are correct about the phone rings when, ah, you're in your "office".

Joe

carpetman
04-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Starmetal---you didnt tell us what you were looking for when you found the ring?????

StarMetal
04-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Ray,

...and I'm not going too

Joe

BOOM BOOM
04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
HI,
I got a couple old rings from back in the 1970's. Are they real beeswax? So far I've used them as a successful flux. But I just last mo. tried to make some bullet lube w/ 1.