PDA

View Full Version : Summer has ended!

Freightman
10-11-2009, 09:35 AM
I know this is true north of here but this is at least two or three weeks early, we have a coat of ice on everything this morning. So I guess I will fire up the pot and cast some that I have been putting off, but wait there is Indian summer forecast calls for upper 80's by mid week.

mto7464
10-11-2009, 10:17 AM
I hear you. Live in NE Missouri and temps are too cold for me to want to cast outside in my shed. I am taking some time off, first time in 10 years self employee you know, and was hoping to cast all week, Hope it warms up.

Shiloh
10-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Currently 26 degrees here in southern Minnesota. A dusting of snow yesterday.

Shiloh

1Shirt
10-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Woke up yesterday to 3" of snow in Omaha. A bit early, but we had a whale of a snow storm on Halloween a few years back. Guess Al Gore must be beaming with pride at all this warming trend that we are seeing. Now that he and Jimma Carter, and Obama are all Noble Peace prize winners, we can really expect to see weather changes I guess.
1Shirt!:coffee:

qajaq59
10-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Here it is now 86 and will be 94 by 5 pm. Too hot to cast at the moment.

Rex
10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
1Shirt, we had 14" out here in Keith county. And the soy beans are still in the field.
Rex

Russ in WY
10-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Sat Am = 7.5º & 9" of snow here in Cheyenne.
Sun Am = 15º & a Dusting of white stuff.
Suppose to be in 60's by Mid week, We Shall See. Good moisture tho ... Russ.

waksupi
10-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Nine inches of snow here, wind chill of minus 20 forecast for tonight.

Matt_G
10-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Woke up to 17 degrees and 2 inches of snow yesterday. (North of Denver)
No new snow today but still in the low twenties when I woke up.

Bullshop
10-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Well God bless ya's, your taking the heat (pun intended) for us. We are still cutting broccoli and chard from the garden. Have not had a fire going in my shop for several days. Even when I build one its just in the morning then let it go out.
No complaints here.
Blessings
BIC/BS

geargnasher
10-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Ahhhhh, sunny and 70* this morning, got our first "Norther" of any significance Friday morning, hasn't been below 60 yet, though.

What is "Snow"???

Gear

snaggdit
10-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Snow is that stuff that makes all your various patterns of camo useless. We woke Sat. to 2" of the white stuff. It is finally melting today. 40 degrees and slowly climbing. Just finished a weekend gathering at the home. Spent the last 2 weeks getting it set up. Now the weather has cooled to the point I can take that next deer that foolishly walks by the stand. It was in the 70s two weeks ago (when I had an opportunity I let go by). Can't wait to get back out with the bow.

Echo
10-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Well God bless ya's, your taking the heat (pun intended) for us. We are still cutting broccoli and chard from the garden. Have not had a fire going in my shop for several days. Even when I build one its just in the morning then let it go out.
No complaints here.
Blessings
BIC/BS

Right, but I'll bet the Termination Dust is pretty low on the mountains!

:bigsmyl2:

Kibby
10-11-2009, 12:49 PM
We still got 50-60 degrees every day here in NH. Shirt sleeve weather! Won't be long before ol' Jack Frost is chilling our bones.[smilie=s:

Houndog
10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
DANG!!!!
There youall go usin them nasty 4 letter words again! It's just now getting cool enough to wear a sweatshirt when I ride my Harley! High 50-low 60's in the morning and high 70's in the evening! We're still getting fresh corn and tomatoes out of the garden and I just planted the fall Turnups and greens. Our first freeze is usually in early December and we havn't had a decent snow in several years. Youall have fun with all that white stuff now, ya hear!.

qajaq59
10-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Your right Houndog, words like snow, or worse yet, "WORK" should never be uttered in polite company. lol

plumber
10-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Still in the 60's here in Southern New England, hope it cools off a bit more, I want good deer movement!! I like the cooler weather, just keep that four letter word away!!

putteral
10-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Just got my new 147 gr mold from Mihec, so I just had to cast. In the 90's here. Set up the beach umbrella and fan and cast about 2 hours.

lead Foot
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Summer has just started down under:bigsmyl2:
Lead foot;

mto7464
10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Woke up yesterday to 3" of snow in Omaha. A bit early, but we had a whale of a snow storm on Halloween a few years back. Guess Al Gore must be beaming with pride at all this warming trend that we are seeing. Now that he and Jimma Carter, and Obama are all Noble Peace prize winners, we can really expect to see weather changes I guess.
1Shirt!:coffee:

I wonder why they skipped Clinton? Maybe they have some cigar smokers on the board that choose and Clinton didn't send him a box of those cherry flavored cigars, or was it tuna flavored.:groner:

RoyRogers
10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Somewhat off topic:

For you folks in farm country - what has this early freeze done to the grain/bean crops in your area? Lots of predictions for record crops this year - hope our salt of the earth farmers are not going to take yet another hard blow.

mto7464
10-11-2009, 09:55 PM
saw some beans that were still green that got nailed but overall most were done in my neck of the woods.

Houndog
10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Somewhat off topic:

For you folks in farm country - what has this early freeze done to the grain/bean crops in your area? Lots of predictions for record crops this year - hope our salt of the earth farmers are not going to take yet another hard blow.

I classify myself as a "hobby farmer", but I got 3 cuttings of Hay this year instead of the usual 2 and I have a bumper crop of feed Corn. SWMBO had so many vegetables in the garden that she canned all we need and gave away a bunch more! A friend of mine that has an Apple orchard has trees so overloaded they had to thin them to save the trees. This has been the best growing season we have had for many years. I hope our other for real farmers have faired as well!

Ekalb2000
10-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Was 90 here today.
Smelted 110lbs of pure lead, and 20lbs of WW today.
Also busted out the 9mm and 44 molds for about an hour.
Got 150 310gr and 200 124gr knocked out. Man I am still sweating.

andy

saidnuff
10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
yeah I know simmer is over I just closed my pool this weekend ( darn tht water gets cold) now it's time to get ready to go shooting.

randyrat
10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
COOOOOLD here in Wisconsin. 1-2" snow couple days ago,it slowly melted and more comming tonight. It won't stay, i won't let it.
We had a cold summer, a nice September and a cold nasty October so far.

The Fire Red Oak leaves are past peak (early this year). most other trees are loosing their leaves fast. One more cold winter here will kill me, did i read right "down under is just starting summer.

hammerhead357
10-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Freightman, my wife is in Amarillo now. She said it was starting to freeze ice on the antenna of her Explorer last night when she arrived. She also said that when she walked out of the hotel that there was ice on things. What a change for her from south Texas.
It was in the 50's here today early but did get up into the 60's. I have had enough cool weather for a while. It's been this way for a couple of days....Wes

cajun shooter
10-12-2009, 08:54 AM
With the temps running in the 90's and still running the AC I would love to feel some cooler weather.

qajaq59
10-12-2009, 08:58 AM
With the temps running in the 90's and still running the AC I would love to feel some cooler weather.
Cajun, just hang on the temps are supposed to drop into the 80s on Friday. HURRAH!!!!!!

OutHuntn84
10-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Low 50's here. Felt the first chill crawl up my back bout a week ago. First frost a few days ago. Come on deer season.

scrapcan
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Russ I had a bout the same at my house east of Cheyenne. Total snowfall for the weekend was 11.5 inches. 14 degrees this morning when we left for work. Should be in teh 40's today they say.

Sugar beet harvest started in the south east part of Wyoming and it is failry standard fair to get some snow during the first week (generally starts around the 6th of October). Some pinto and great northern beans still in the field, they will not make it as they get frozen and turn red or black and will be rejected at the elevator.

We had an extended road closure due to those who just cannot seem to slow down. Saw two in the ditch on the way this morning.

ghh3rd
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Did a little casting yesterday in my garage, here it Tampa. I leave the garage door open for ventilation, but had to open the garage door to the house with a fan to blow some cold air conditioned air onto me.

Someday I'd like to settle in NC or TN, where I think I'd have little less heat, and not too much S _ _ W.

Randy