PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get

mpmarty
10-10-2009, 10:53 AM
a taller front sight for my Marlin 1895? With cast boolits the POI is way low with the rear sight down as far as it goes. I know, I can make one and file a dovetail etc. but hate to go there if a few bucks will buy one already made to fit.

Leftoverdj
10-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Take a look in Brownells. They have every conceivable sight, ramp, etc.

jbunny
10-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Marty; is this a typo?? u move the rear sight in the direction u want the
shot to go. the front sight is oppsite. u move the front sight to the point
of impact.. this works for me,
jb

BruceB
10-10-2009, 11:16 AM
To make it a little clearer....

If the point of impact is LOW, then either RAISE the rear sight or LOWER the front sight.

You say the rear sight is as low as it will go, and the POI is low. Therefore, raise the rear sight to raise the point of impact. A taller front sight will just make your problem worse.

Boy, I wish all MY problems were so easy to resolve!

mpmarty
10-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Thank you one and all my mind is as sharp as a wet sponge. Absolutely right. I am truly embarrassed by this recto-cranial inversion. I'll crank up the rear sight and go happily along my way to a senior care facility.

beagle
10-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Don't feel bad. Everytime I order a front sight blade I have to sit there and do the finger exercise...you know, one hand's the front and the other's the rear until I figure it out.

Must come with old age....../beagle

skeet1
10-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Marble makes all kinds of front sights and I have ordered form them with good sucess. Try
http://www.marblearms.com/

Skeet1

TAWILDCATT
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
there are many places to get parts. Numrich has many sight parts.and the price is right.