PDA

View Full Version : Sharonville OH Gun Show

ddeaton
10-07-2009, 08:06 PM
We attended this show Sat and now it is all over the news. Undercover trying to buy weapons from private tables without ffl's. They say Bloomberg make it happen. No word on any arrests, just undercover video buying the weapons. As we were walking around, we were commenting on how may individuals were carrying around private guns for sale, a little more than usual. We figured it was from all the buying and hoarding the past 6 months. With work still slow, many probably had to sell some off. I dont know what to think of this, other than the ones involved should not have sold anything to anyone from out of state. The undercover told the persons they were buying from that they could not register a legal purchase. Some dealers also let someone else register the purchase for another that wouldnt pass. Straw purchase. I dont like the way the media handled this, but the individuals that sold to these guys deserve what they get. It really hurts the sport. Anyone else hear anything?

JRW
10-07-2009, 08:17 PM
from what i remember of the article, (that i can't find the link for) it seemed that the "wonderful" mr bloomberg wants to make a point that the vilence in his town stems from all the "illegal" buying and selling at gunshows, and that individuals will need to have background checks done. now who pays for them checks?

also was reported that the taxpayers of nyc ponied up 1.5 mil for this study? the article didn't say how many folks completed an "illegal" sale.

i know we have rules here in az, but they sure seem to be a bit better here than back there!

S.R.Custom
10-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I've been to the Sharonville and Hara Arena (Dayton) shows many times, and I used to occasionally have tables at them both for the purposes of selling off excess collection items. Can't say that I've ever seen anything blatantly illegal by either dealers or folks doing the buying.

But... these are Bill Goodman shows, and he runs the loosest ship in the gunshow business. No gun ties, no tagging or monitoring of sold guns going out, no records of licensed vs. non-licensed vendors, etc.

So far, every indication has been that the "investigations" were all Bloomberg set-ups, and not conducted by law enforcement. Bloomberg can't control crime in his own backyard, so he has to blame somebody else. It's the left-wing way.

Investigators approached 30 unlicensed vendors at seven shows. Nineteen of those dealers sold guns even after investigators posing as buyers said openly that they couldn't pass a criminal background check.
Link: http://tinyurl.com/yb49q3q

This is not unusual. Any glitch in your criminal history, whether it's an unpaid traffic ticket or an expired driver's license will trigger a "delay" or "deny". Don't expect the media to disclose this all-to-common problem with the NICS system.

HORNET
10-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Didn't Bloomberg get in trouble with the Feds (BATFE) about a year ago for doing the same thing in Virginia? Didn't they then tell him that he was interfering with ongoing federal investigations and tell him that he could be prosecuted for that offense as well as for engaging others to commit felonies (conspiracy)? I guess billionaire politicians are exempt from the law....

Bad Water Bill
10-08-2009, 09:38 AM
With his money he could hire actors to perform for the camera then say " see I told you so". Never believe anything a politician says or shows you

pmeisel
10-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I liked Bill Goodman's shows when I was in that area. Just wanted to fit that in.