PDA

View Full Version : Zen Pistol

zardoz
10-07-2009, 10:23 AM
A lady friend, who lives in Australia, was asking me some questions about what I get out of shooting.

When I got to examining reasons why, and what satisfactions I got out of rendering my own lead, casting my own bullets, lubing them, sizing brass, priming, measuring powder, accurately assembling the cartridge, and then blasting it away in a few milliseconds of chemical fire....

I found this website that I sent her as a link.

Zen pistol.

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/zeninfo.htm

As I have aged, the perception has changed of what attacts me to the shooting art. The ammo crafting is a recent addition, that has revived the sense of depth I get from the hobby.

Indeed, it is more than a hobby for me.

Orygun
10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Well, I for one enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the link.

willyboy
10-07-2009, 01:23 PM
even more fun than working on motorcycles.

oso
10-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Most excellent enlightenment. Noteworthy - dry firing improved with application. Now to move empty ordinary immovable mind to range for further polishing.

zardoz
10-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Most humorous oso.

Boolit Lube zen...........

Beeswax on, beeswax off.

SmuvBoGa
10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
A VERY good, simple idea ONCE it has been made. The same process with hunting, when I started (in my teens) I just wanted to SHOOT something, anything - bang, bang, bang, now (grasshopper :razz:) in my 50's a clean kill, fair chase, all are important - thank goodness I do NOT have to hunt to eat.