PDA

View Full Version : Remember Bucks Owin?

Char-Gar
10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Bucks Owin was a member of this board who had to leave due to some serious personal issues. He left with a couple of deals left undone. He got the deadbeat lable in the process.

He is straightening out my issue and want anybody else who got shafted to contact him so he can set things right. He lost his computor and is locked out of this board.

Send me a PM and I will give you his email addy.

Bret4207
10-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Nice to see he's making the attempt.

Shuz
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Bucks Owin was a member of this board who had to leave due to some serious personal issues. He left with a couple of deals left undone. He got the deadbeat lable in the process.

He is straightening out my issue and want anybody else who got shafted to contact him so he can set things right. He lost his computor and is locked out of this board.

Send me a PM and I will give you his email addy.

Also nice to see that you're trying to help him and the others affected!

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
these economic times we are enduring have left a lot of people hurting pretty bad. Last year my oldest and his wife were in the $75K combined income bracket. Their jobs went to Shanghai and they are shaking the trees and raking the leaves to make ends meet and keep their house. Our church has refocused their mission efforts to helping our own here in the valley.

Our thanks to you for doing what you can, and to him for trying to make things right.

Rich

ghh3rd
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Their jobs went to Shanghai

...sure you don't mean Chennai?

MakeMineA10mm
10-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Nice to see he's making the attempt.

:holysheep
And, he's doing it without access to this board too - by asking someone who he can make contact with. That's downright commendable.
:drinks:

fatnhappy
10-02-2009, 10:25 PM
:holysheep
That's downright commendable.

Not to be a cynic, but I think the medal ceremony should wait.

Has he done the right thing yet and honored his committments or is that still in the future?

Newtire
10-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Good to hear he's making an attempt I say also. Sometimes a guy can turn around completely or circumstances are not what they seem even. I say give someone a chance-after all I know of people on this board who have been given that opportunity. Of course, I wasn't ripped off-easy for me to say!

Bucks Owin
10-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Well boys, here I am. First off, thanks to Ken for letting me post and have access to my PMs. Very big thanks to Chargar and 7br for their understanding and patience after this ridiculous amount of time that has passed that I've owed them and abused their trust. Glad they let me straighten this out and ease my conscience. I could write a novel about how circumstance seemed to make it alright to shuffle my obligations but the bottom line is that a deal is a deal and I should have made a bigger effort to hold up my end. Believe it or not, this is not "SOP" with me and when I would take a second to remember this mess I was truly ashamed that I let this happen. I never meant any harm. Embarassed as I am, I do feel good about being given the opportunity of making this right.......Best to all, Dennis

RayinNH
10-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Glad to see you back Bucks, I enjoyed reading your stuff...Ray

jleneave
10-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't do a lot of posting on here because I have only been casting since Jan. 2008 and I prefer to soak up all the info and learn as much as I can, but I felt compelled to reply to this post. While I am not totally familiar with the circumstances and may be speaking out of turn here but, I think what Buck is trying to do is very honorable. I do not condone what happened but, it would have been much easier for him to just forget about it and the people who were affected. I can relate to being in a financial crunch. In 2006 I was a LE officer for a little over 12 years and I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease. Two neck surgeries and one back surgery later my employment was terminated and I was forced to take a medical retirement. Then to beat all the state retirement system decided that they didn’t want to allow me to draw my retirement benefits I had paid into for over 12 years!! I am still fighting them in court 3 years later and after a circuit court judge ruled in my favor they decided to appeal the decision!! Then to top it off my wife was laid off from her job of 15 years in the last part of 2008!!! It is all we can do to keep our bills paid and most times that is hard enough. Again, I do not agree with what he did but, on the other hand I can sympathize. Why not let him straighten this out? This way maybe the guys who were affected by his actions can get what compensation they are due. As Newtire stated, this is easy for me to say since I wasn’t the one who was “ripped off” and if I was I would be really ticked off too. Money is tight for most everyone right now, so I can understand why these guys would be P.O.’ed and they have every right to be.
Buck, what you are trying to do is commendable, make it happen! I look forward to reading your posts.

Take care,
Jody

watkibe
10-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Anybody can make a mistake. In fact, everybody DOES make mistakes. Not everybody repents, asks forgiveness, and makes amends. Not everybody forgives, either. Kudos all around!

Buckshot
10-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Well boys, here I am. First off, thanks to Ken for letting me post and have access to my PMs. Very big thanks to Chargar and 7br for their understanding and patience after this ridiculous amount of time that has passed that I've owed them and abused their trust. I was truly ashamed that I let this happen. I never meant any harm. Embarassed as I am, I do feel good about being given the opportunity of making this right.......Best to all, Dennis

.............Way to go Bucks! :-)

.............Buckshot

milkman
10-08-2009, 07:19 AM
In today's society making apologies is the norm. Very few make amends. That is nice to see.
Milkman

cajun shooter
10-08-2009, 08:03 AM
jleneave, I have L2,3,4, and 5 that are bone to bone and a pump installed. When I first asked for leave time from the Department so that I could sort some things out, I was told no that stress is not a leave excuse.Keep fighting for what is yours,after 12 you are vested.

WILCO
10-08-2009, 08:12 AM
In today's society making apologies is the norm. Very few make amends.

Actions speak louder than words......

45nut
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
First off, I was quite surprised to get notice of Buck wanting to settle his account here, I know the easy thing would be to just vanish and "forget".

Now, I want to hear from Chargar that the debt has been settled and from 7BR as well.

Removing him from the deadbeat list is still incumbent on his actions, not words of intent.

That said, the apology does begin the process.

Char-Gar
10-08-2009, 10:38 AM
A nice card and double the amount owed arrived today from Dennis. Now this is a stand up guy!

7br
10-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Have been in contact with him on Monday. Sounds like he is trying to make right. I will keep you posted.

7br
10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I received a check from Bucks last night for twice the agreed price. This issue is resolved as far as I am concerned. I appreciate that he took care of this instead of sneaking on the board under a different handle. Nuff said.

Bucks Owin
10-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Well I'm glad you boys recieved your payments OK. I "believe" that ought to clear this mess up here at Boolits but if I'm mistaken you know where to find me......BTW, Jody, I "feel your pain" to quote our second worse president. Took me over 4 yrs to get 25% of of ONE year's wages from Work Comp in my case and another year for a pretty sad settlement over a back injury involving 3 seperate herniations. Also had the joy of battling CitiMorg and SSD with lawyers who weren't working "pro bono" to say the least! (And lost the house anyway) Oh well...."Whiskey Under The Bridge". Best, Dennis (still embarassed but more peace of mind now...)

high standard 40
10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
My hat is off to you Dennis for making amends. It shows character.

qajaq59
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Ahhhh, good old back surgery. The first one cost me about 30 grand in lost wages and the next one was 64 grand. ( At least I had gotten some good promotions in between. ) Did you know that your time in the OR is charged by the minute. Yup.... they charged for 122 minutes, not two hours . That 2 minutes ticked me off more then anything.