PDA

View Full Version : Georgia meeting/swap meet

EMC45
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM
I have been PMing Ga members to co-ordinate a dinner and swap meet in Macon. I will continue to PM. Just let me know what you guys/gals think! Thanks, Evan

bruce drake
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm up for it.

Bruce

broomhandle
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Evan,

I would love to come! Where & when?

I'm in Augusta.[smilie=s:

Best,
broomhandle

BarryinIN
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Any rough idea of when?
My in-laws are in GA, and we are down there now and then. They are down in the SW part of GA, but there are relatives in/around Macon we see sometimes.

EMC45
09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Allow me to make more contact with other GA members. I know we have a good bit. I am really leaning hard towards Macon for it's central location. My idea is dinner with our spouses and also bring along some goodies to trade/swap/sell. In no way am I trying to dictate this. Throw some ideas around. When I am able to contact more folks I will be able to dial in a time and place. Let me know what you guy/gals think.

Uncle Grinch
09-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Count me in... as long as my schedule allows it.

Gray Fox
09-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm up in Jonesboro, and schedule permitting, I think it would be a great idea. Too many strange folks hanging around the last couple gun shows I attended, so I seldom go any more. It would be nice to meet some of the other folks on here from GA and see what we've got to swap. Perhaps as you flesh this out, we could indicate the types of stuff we plan to bring and what we'd like to find. It might be fun and useful to do a couple time each year. GF

Buckshot
09-28-2009, 11:52 PM
...............If there was a range you could have a shoot and the swap dealie during the day and then the dinner at night :-) I mean, yuh MIGHT as well get in a bit of trigger time!

..............Buckshot

jawjaboy
09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
I would certainly be up for it if possible.

I'm down here ~40 miles north of the FL state line.

RugerFan
09-29-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm game schedule permitting. We're getting into hunting season now and I don't give up a Saturday of chasing deer around for much. In particular, the next 3 weekends are definitely out. I'm about 3 hours from Macon, but I'll try to make it.

RugerFan
09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
There is a gun show at the Macon Coliseum on 21-22 Nov.......

1Shirt
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
That sounds like a fun time, and is something that would be well worth attending. If you get to pull it off, let the rest of us know the how and whys of how it went etc. You might have an idea that could spread pretty well. Know I would travel a couple hundred miles to meet with, swap and trade, spin a few tall tales, etc. with casters and cast shooters.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

10-x
10-06-2009, 05:36 PM
GA members,
Would be interested in a meeting.
Wife and I have 2 tables at the Valdosta show Nov. 14-15, look for the old military stuff.
Dave

Blackwater
10-10-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm a Jawja boy too, and would be interested in meeting fellow casters in the area. The Gun Show idea sounds great, as does the meeting at a range, but us good ol' boys NEVER turn down a good eating opportunity either, so .... I guess you could say I'm good for whatever suits everyone else.

Macon's a pretty good choice too, since it's about as close to center of the state as possible. It's 2.5 hr. from me, but that's not that big a deal, especially if a shoot's involved.

My only problem is I don't check in here as often as I used to, so don't give me up if I don't post for several days. Email me if need be.