PDA

View Full Version : boolit lube ideal" not mine but sounds good"

tcrocker
09-20-2009, 09:43 PM
I was looking at the 50 Alaskan bullet forming and ran across a post. Preaty much to lube his bullets he took a case and opened it up a bit in order to go around the boolit. he melted his lube in a pan placed the boolit in the pan right side up, let the lube cool down and used the case to cut the boolit out of the lube. I would think that he drilled the primer pocket out in order to punch the boolit out. Sounds like a good way to do your lubing to me.

44man
09-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I made a lot of brass tubes, different calibers, some with nice wood handles with a hole out the top. Boolits just keep going through the tube and out the top.

odoh
09-21-2009, 02:22 AM
Thet was the early rendition of Lee's pan lube process only used an aluminum 'cookie' cutter. You'll see'um on ebay ~ in fact, picked one up for 45 cal just last week. Oft times there's complete kits avail w/lube & pan and cutter available.

Calamity Jake
09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Been doing it for ever seems like, use a fired case for the caliber outside chamfer the case mouth(makes a nice cutting edge) then cut off the head.