PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid newbie...

HNSB
09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone!

I am new here, and fairly new to casting and handloading as well. I am sure I'll have a million questions for you folks, but thought it would be polite to say hi first. :)

wallenba
09-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Welcome HSNB, there are NO stupid questions asked here. The free exchange of knowledge is the hallmark of this site.

badgeredd
09-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Welcome...and I second the "no stupid questions" thing. If you are trying to learn and are putting forth effort most everyone here will be more that ready to help you out. You are now on the world's best gun related site.

Edd

MtGun44
09-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Welcome. Read the stickies in the appropriate areas, and if that doesn't cover it,
ask away. There are some really experienced guys that hang around on this site.

Bill

plus1hdcp
09-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey HSNB from one newbie to another - welcome

HNSB
09-20-2009, 12:02 AM
I have already been doing a lot of reading. There is some great information here.

I am a longtime hunter, with both firearms and archery equipment. I am also an avid pistol shooter. About a year ago I decided to save some money by handloading. When I get into something I go all out... Currently I have invested enough in equipment to have purchased about 10 years worth of ammunition for my normal shooting needs. Hehe.
I am having a ton of fun though, and learning a lot about my firearms, their ballistics, and what makes them shoot accurately and consistently.

lylejb
09-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Welcome HNSB,

First, let's get one thing straight.......The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!!

There are many very knowledgable people here who will gladly help, just ask. In return, please share your knowledge when you can. That's one of the things that makes this site great.

As for myself, I'm a long time reloader, new to casting. I just today fired my first boolits.[smilie=w:

While i didn't shoot all x rings, i did better than i had been with commercial cast by a noticable margin.

It's very satisfing to know :castmine:

armyrat1970
09-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Hi everyone!

I am new here, and fairly new to casting and handloading as well. I am sure I'll have a million questions for you folks, but thought it would be polite to say hi first. :)

First, let me extend a welcome to you also. Glad to have you aboard as everyone has new comments and something to add. I have been handloading for over 10yrs. and casting for a few yrs. I have only been a member of this forum for several months and have learned much from the others here. They are great people here with a lot of knowledge and love to talk shop and share their experience. There are a few nut jobs, like me, from time to time. And a lot is all in fun and not so serious. We look forward to your input and feel free to ask away.

shotman
09-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Welcome also . You will be fine Get you a can of Kroil first LOL rick

XWrench3
09-20-2009, 07:49 AM
i was told, MANY years ago, by one of the best teachers i ever knew, that the only stupid question, is the one you do not ask. i sincerly subscribe to that, and many, many others do as well. nobody has all the answers. we all need help now and then, and especially when we are starting something new in our lives. so please, ask away! i don't have tons of experience here, but anything i know, i will pass along gladly.

Bret4207
09-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Welcome. No stupid questions, we all went though what you will. Do yourself a favor and read the "Classics and Stikies". Much of what you need is there.

qajaq59
09-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Welcome aboard HNSB.
Keep in mind that when you ask a question the answer may also help someone else that didn't know the answer, but hesitated to ask!!

Hickory
09-20-2009, 08:35 AM
:cbpour: although I've been casting for 35 years I learn things all the time here.
Welcome and pull up a chair and be part of the family.:p

Linstrum
09-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Stupid newbie? I don't think so - - - being here proves you're not, smartest move you ever made regarding casting!

rl623

cajun shooter
09-20-2009, 09:03 AM
As has been stated above, Welcome to the forum. May you find casting and reloading to your liking. Also remember that a stranger is a friend you have not met yet. Besides reading the sticky threads do yourself a favor and buy The Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook. It will give you a good start into casting and you will continue to use it for reference material. later David

Down South
09-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Another welcome. The way that I look at is we were all newbie’s once at everything that we do. MtGun44 gave you some good advice. Reading the stickies and using the search function will uncover a wealth of knowledge. But never fear asking a question.

09-20-2009, 10:12 AM
HNSB,

Ditto to all the above -- welcome, read, ask.

If you thought reloading was an equipment extensive and wallet draining endeavor, just wait...

Prior to joining, I spent many hours perusing the archives: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/archive/index.php/f-8.html

Bill*
09-20-2009, 10:42 AM
However, any more ?s regarding how many lbs in a five gallon bucket of W/W or anything to do with your "spruce" plate may garner a few wise*ss answers...Be warned! Oh....and welcome :mrgreen: ....Bill

mdi
09-20-2009, 12:11 PM
"I am having a ton of fun though, and learning a lot about my firearms, their ballistics, and what makes them shoot accurately and consistently"

That's why I'm doin' it!

Shooter6br
09-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Welcome! We were new bes at one time. This is the place like no other for cast bullet and general shooting knowledge

GRid.1569
09-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Welcome aboard HNSB.
Keep in mind that when you ask a question the answer may also help someone else that didn't know the answer, but hesitated to ask!!

As another new guy I'd agree with that 100%...

Sometimes I just don't know the question to ask...

Hi to all new members... we'll learn together...

armyrat1970
09-22-2009, 03:02 AM
As another new guy I'd agree with that 100%...

Sometimes I just don't know the question to ask...

Hi to all new members... we'll learn together...

If I have overlooked extending a welcome to you please except it now. This is a board that is far reaching isn't it? People from many different countries and all walks of life share their experience here. Great!

aaalaska
09-22-2009, 03:35 AM
As a shooter of nearly 50 years a reloader for 45 .I just joined here to, but even before joining I found myself scratching my head saying [now why didn't I think of that].Hopefully we're all here to learn, we may not always agree but all love what we do.The question, disagreement, and the occasional poke are all part of what we love.Relax enjoy learn all you can so you can share with the next newbie.Alex

Slow Elk 45/70
09-22-2009, 03:48 AM
:coffeecom Hullo and Welcome HNSB

armyrat1970
09-22-2009, 05:04 AM
As a shooter of nearly 50 years a reloader for 45 .I just joined here to, but even before joining I found myself scratching my head saying [now why didn't I think of that].Hopefully we're all here to learn, we may not always agree but all love what we do.The question, disagreement, and the occasional poke are all part of what we love.Relax enjoy learn all you can so you can share with the next newbie.Alex

And welcome to you Alex.