PDA

View Full Version : My Wife's CCW Training!

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Howdy!

I'm proud to say that my wife came home this afternoon from here ccw permit training, and said that she passed, now all she needs is finger prints, and send in the application!

We have practiced quite abit in the last 3 weeks that she had the gun, we bought a very little used Ruger Security Six 4" SS the guy bought it new, and had run less than 2 boxes through it! It had the WORST trigger I had ever seen, I smoothed it up and put in a Wolff spring kit, and now it shoots great! Still not crazy about the serrated trigger . . . to each their own . . . My wife ends up being a good shot, even better than me, but I use the excuse that I'm shooting a lighter gun w/ a shorter barrel (SP101) but a guy needs some kind of excuse to make sense of all this . . . !

When she was shooting, the instructor made a comment about she was not supposed to be using snake shot! She unfortunatly was not sure what he was talking about, and just told him that she was using the ammo that I had reloaded for her . . .

When she brought the target home to show me, I immediatly saw that the target had a bunch of lube splatttered on it . . . obviously the instructor is not familular with lubed boolits, but then again neither am I! I figured that the lube would have melted more or be gone, the gun does smoke quite abit, I'm using 3.7 grains of Bullseye in the her 38 specials w/158 gr rn

Here is a picture of the target, the closest she was at 5', but that was only twice (2 shots), and then 5 yards, 7 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards. . . see the splatters?
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/CCW005.jpg

Here is a picture of her shooting the "smoking gun"
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Guns058.jpg

Here is the boolits I bought from a local guy . . .
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Guns065.jpg

I baked her a treat for doing so well . . .She loves fresh homemade pizza! Spinach, ground turkey, onion, muchroom, garlic, with alfredo sauce, and montery jack chesse!
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/CCW001.jpg

So . . . is that normal to splatter lube at close range? we never practiced closer than 7 yards and it is not reaching that far . . .

buck1
09-20-2009, 12:33 AM
GREAT JOB!
Yes lube splaters are common at close range, just ask my chrony.....Buck

Down South
09-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Bravo for your wife getting or at least in the process of getting her CCW. I wish most other eligible Americans would pursue a permit. I constantly urge people that I know that are gun people to get theirs. I also encourage training courses for those who are not firearm savvy then going for a permit.

atr
09-20-2009, 10:12 AM
congradulations to your wife !!!!
I am always embarassed when I take my daughter out shooting with me....she can outshoot me with every handgun I own...

HeavyMetal
09-20-2009, 10:58 AM
How Cool!

Nice Pizza!

rugerman1
09-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Pizza recipe please :mrgreen:

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Pizza recipe please :mrgreen:

2 cups white flour
1 cup whole spelt flour
1.25 Cups water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp yeast
2 Tbsn Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mix flours and yeast, water, kneed . . .let set covered with plastic wrap about an hour . . .then mix in the salt & oil . . .let set for an hour . . .deflate, wrap in saran wrap, put in fridge for 4 hrs . . .remove dough from fridge . . . pre-heat oven and pizza stone to 525, flatten out dough some, pre-cook meat, spread out dough to pan size, spread out alfredo sauce, I put on raw spinach, then meat, onions, mushrooms, shreded Montery Jack Cheese, transfer to hot stone in oven, bake for 9 min . . .EAT!

45nut
09-20-2009, 12:29 PM
spelt is new to me
ten years ago I couldn'ta spelt boolits either.

rugerman1
09-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Neat recipe Shawn.Where do you get your spelt flour/grain?

Mark

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Neat recipe Shawn.Where do you get your spelt flour/grain?

Mark

I buy Vita spelt from a local store, they order it in special for me . . . last 50 pound bag was $64 . . . lot better price than from the company . . . http://www.purityfoods.com/catalog/16/flours check your local health food store . . .

Hey 45nut . . .I still can't spelt write ether![smilie=s:

SierraWhiskeyMC
09-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Good on her! :)

JRW
09-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Tell her she has done a great job! Living where you folks are now, you may wish to become familiar with the loading of snake shot, easy to do, and VERY effective!

Wayne Smith
09-21-2009, 07:39 AM
LOML and I went for our training together. Trained by an active duty SEAL here in VA Beach. He admitted he was going beyond requirements but had us shoot both hands, strong hand only, and weak hand only. Neither of us had ever fired weak hand only, and we were both suprised at how well we did. Big confidence builder.

I got my permit, LOML didn't. She found out that open carry is legal in VA and stated "If I am carrying I want everybody to know that I am". She's done it several times on the job since then.

Good on both of you. Keep practicing, teach her to reload. Most of the women I know become frugal once they are taught the meaning of the term.

I'm jealous of the pizza. LOML is allergic to wheat and milk and tomatoes, that lets Pizza out completely.

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Tell her she has done a great job! Living where you folks are now, you may wish to become familiar with the loading of snake shot, easy to do, and VERY effective!

Yes, I'm working on that, I bought some 357 MAX cases, hoping I can neck them down a hair to fit in my cylinder . . .gives me more room for shot (I have 6 & 9) If I cant make that work, I'll load the mag cases with 38 spl powder, and fill up the rest with shot . . .

My wife wants to carry mostly when she takes the dog for a walk, as there are some weirdo's around, and of course rattlers abound here in the high desert! We live in a small retirement golf community, so we don't want to freak out the old codgers with her open carry . . . I will sometime carry my SP101 open, but it is in a IWB holster so it is not quite so obvious . . . our current Pastor's Father, who was the Pastor befor him, was murdered with a gun by some punkos 15 years ago, there is still punkos out here, and drug activity . . .

sturf
09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
You should add to that: John 3:17 and 3:18

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-21-2009, 02:12 PM
You should add to that: John 3:17 and 3:18

Yes!

I also have had sugested John 3:36! The whole Bible is good, but can you image what my signature line would look like if I did that!;)