PDA

View Full Version : It's me again

Boerrancher
09-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Sorry fellas I haven't been around much, but I some how managed to get a job, which I wasn't looking for or wanting. A friend of mine who has been trying to get me to come run a drill rig with him finally talked me into it. I have spent the last two weeks down at the Southeast corner of the state working in a mud hole. I wasn't looking for a job and didn't want one, but I can't turn down the pay, the work is not that physical, and doesn't hurt me too bad to do it. The rig pretty much runs itself. Only when things get bad in the hole does it get somewhat physical.

The only thing that sucks is that Bow season opened a few days a go, I have a new long bow, a quiver of home made arrows with razor sharp stone braodheads. It shoots them fast and hard. At 30 yards it will shoot through one of those foam rubber deer, and I have to work while the deer are having a party in my clover fields.

Best wishes from the Drill rig,

Joe

Echo
09-18-2009, 02:33 AM
Good to hear from you, Joe. Hang tough...

Ed

exile
09-18-2009, 03:28 AM
Nice to hear from you. Any day you can still work is a good one. Hope you enjoy it and that those deer are still waiting for you when you get back.

exile

JeffinNZ
09-18-2009, 06:02 AM
Hey Joe! I was wondering where you were at. Good to hear from you on the rig.

303Guy
09-18-2009, 06:16 AM
I noticed your absence. One day you might explain the 'Boer' in Boerrancher! (It's like saying 'avocado pear' - avocado being Spanish for pear).[smilie=1:

Cowboy5780
09-18-2009, 06:44 AM
303 The Boer refers to the Boer Goat its a goat bred for its ability to put on heavy meat.

Bret4207
09-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Hang tuff Joe! That's why God invented weekends.

Wayne Smith
09-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Joe, don't hurt yourself! How often doesn't something go wrong in the hole?? I don't know how deep you are drilling, LOML is a geologist and put me through school working in the oil patch, so I think deep.

The deer will be there next year, make sure you are in shape to take them.

sav300
09-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Welcome back,stay safe at and give the heaps when you can.

cajun shooter
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
As was stated above the Boer is a good eating Goat that many people raise for income and pleasure. They are good table fare here in Louisiana. Was wondering about you the other day Joe. Good to hear that everything is fine with you and your family.When you don't hear from someone you always think the worse has happened. Take Care

runfiverun
09-18-2009, 10:24 AM
there ain't no such thing as weekends or nights in the oil field.
theres drilling ,production enhancement,cementing,and production.
but no bad weather,or dark...or sundays or lunch..

blackthorn
09-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Good to see you back! I did not know about the "Boer" goats! Somehow I just assumed you were of Dutch South African decent. Oh well live and learn---that's why I love this site!!

I know what you mean about being hard to turn down the chance to make good money! I retired in 2004 and then was talked into returning to work for "short-term" (so called part-time) work. Havent done a lick of (paid) work this year though so maybe I finally got this retirement thing right AND -- SWMBO is pleased!

HORNET
09-18-2009, 12:33 PM
But..but.. Joe, if you're working...Who's watching the goats? Admittedly C-man's a ways off but he can travel and goats is almost sheep.........

PatMarlin
09-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Bring bow with?

Take the money when you can get it!

MT Gianni
09-18-2009, 11:11 PM

Lamar, your post is now saved in my documents in both home and work computers. Truly a classic statement I have heard bits of but never strung together as such. Thanks, Gianni.

Down South
09-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Or holidays including Christmas. I've worked my share of Christmas days away from home in the oil field.

runfiverun
09-19-2009, 10:15 AM
i usually draw the thanksgiving and new years hitch.
i'll never forget the new years night i could send one guy home and two guy's wanted to go.
that was a pretty good fist fight....miss those days.