PDA

View Full Version : Buckshot - English Rigby Weight Question

30yrcaster
04-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi Buckshot,

Could you tell me how much that Pecatonica River English Rigby Sporting Rifle you made weighs?

The Petersoli Gibbs rifles are 12 lbs but they have a longer barrel with a different contour.

Thanks!!

Buckshot
04-16-2006, 06:51 AM
Hi Buckshot,

Could you tell me how much that Pecatonica River English Rigby Sporting Rifle you made weighs?

The Petersoli Gibbs rifles are 12 lbs but they have a longer barrel with a different contour.

Thanks!!

I weighed it once and it was 11 lbs some ozs which I don't recall. Sure hangs nice :-)

.................Buckshot

30yrcaster
04-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks!!

Hope mine turns out as nice as yours did. Your doc on building it is a great help. I can't tell you how many people I know that have looked at your doc and want to build one but just don't have the nerve. The short tang is a real negative. Luckily I know how to weld.

highwallbo
09-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Buckshot,

Did I understand that you have built one of the Pecatonica River English Rigby Sporting rifles?

Do you have any pictures posted? How short is the tang ? Is there enough room to mount the base for a vernier sight ?

I have already ordered a rifle from them(.45 cal)

Thanks for any info.

Highwallbo

Buckshot
09-14-2006, 02:29 AM
.............Sorry, I just saw thios question. Some photos are at:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=391&highlight=Rigby

None show the tangsight, but I have pics I can post if you're interested. I suppose you've gotten your rifle by now?

.................Buckshot