PDA

View Full Version : The Bullshop Boys

KevMT
04-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe I haven't been keeping as close of a watch on these threads as usual, but I haven't seen anything by Bullshop Jr. and Bullshop III in a while. So tell me boys what sort of casting, shooting and general varmint harassment projects have you been working on? Enquiring minds want to know. KevD

HORNET
04-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Been seeing an occasional post from BS Jr up on Reloaders Guide. Looks like he's been associating with those heathen copper-covered things. Maybe BS Sr needs to have a talk with the boy to show him the error of his ways.:kidding:

w30wcf
04-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Kev,
Here's a recent interesting post by Bullshop Sr.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=6216&highlight=bullshop

w30wcf

versifier
04-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Jr's been hanging out at Reloaders guide. It's a much more a small town over there and generally absent the more earthy topics that appear on this one from time to time (which likely generate some difficult and/or embarasssing questions). Everyone there is aware of how old he is and of what is appropriate given his age.

Bullshop Junior
04-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Kevmt,
As versifier said, I have been over at reloaders a lot. I will have to try to post over here some more. Lately I have been working with my 223, with cast and jacketed bullets. With cast I was working on trying to see how fast I could get a 45gn plain base boolit, without leading. I was working with rooster red and bull shop speed green. With the speed green I got to 21gn of imr-4895, and what stopped me was too hot a load for the old 788. With rooster red I got to 18gn with the same powder, and had a lesson on how to get lead out of the barrel. With jacketed I was working on a coyote load.

Since the last time I posted, I traded my H&R letherneck 22, for a S&W 916-A pump 12 ga. Then I traded my biakal over under 12ga for a marlin 700 22 L.R., and traded that for a marlin model 60 that I now have. I also traded my marlin 3o/30 for a swiss K-31.

Sorry about not posting for awhile, and I will try to post more often.

DANIEL/BS JR.

David R
04-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Jr,

What kind of Velocity were you getting with 21 grains of 4895?

David

StarMetal
04-14-2006, 11:35 AM
I've been over 3100 fps in my AR15 and to better that, it has a 1-7 twist.....no leading. Used my own lube. Did this with both light and heavy bullets. Gee wonder if the chromed bore has anything to do with it. How about accuracy....stayed on the paper and when I lowered the velocity it was looking better. Point is none of the bullets disappeared off into wonder where they went land and none keyholed.

Joe

buck1
04-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Kevmt,

Since the last time I posted, I traded my H&R letherneck 22, for a S&W 916-A pump 12 ga. Then I traded my biakal over under 12ga for a marlin 700 22 L.R., and traded that for a marlin model 60 that I now have. I also traded my marlin 3o/30 for a swiss K-31.

DANIEL/BS JR.
Well your hooked, no doubt about it!! ...............Buck :)

KevMT
04-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Kevmt,

DANIEL/BS JR.

Holly smokes Daniel. You trade guns faster than my little
brother trades girlfriends. :-D I'm glad to hear your still having fun. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous as I've been wanting a K-31 ever since I heard about their great potential as cast boolit shooters. Let us know how it works out for ya

Kev

Bullshop Junior
04-14-2006, 06:07 PM
KevMT,
Want one? I will sell you mine for $200.00. I did a camo job on the stock, with a snow camo, for the resson of, we have more months of snow then we do warm. (it is snowing right now and mom does not like it!) And #2, is the snipper K-31's had a snow camo, for the same resson as me.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Buck1,
Yep, I have guntrading fever!!!!
Starmetel,
I have also worked to about 3000 with accercy of just under a inch at 50 yards. With my new load of 22.7gn of Dupont-4895, I am geting about 2700 with the speer 50gn TNT, with under half inch at one hundred.
For cast I have got them to over 2700 with a gas check, and bullshop speed green, with about 1 inch groups at one hundred yards.
David R,
I never crono grafed it, and it did not shoot to good ether.
Well it is good to be back.
DANIEL/BS JR.:castmine::brokenima

Bullshop Junior
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
One more thing that I did not tell you guys about. I have been working with my 916-A pump, and reloads. Some time ago a member of this bourd gave me two lee load all, shot shell loaders. One for 12ga and one for 20ga. I did not get to playing with them entill last month, and when I did I did not load normal shot shells. The ones that I loaded where loaded with a wad seated down side up. This worked ok, ecept for night when I shot them at the owls, and could not find them. I put a little bit of packing pop corn under the wad, to make it a flare. Well the pop corned berned and worked like powder. Made the wads fly twice as for, and hit twice as hard. Very interesting.
DANIEL/BS JR.

MT Gianni
04-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Daniel, I bought some lead from your dad when you lived in Fairview and were moving back to AK. I remember him telling you to "Pay Atention" as you were helping him melt some alloy into ingots. I am glad that it worked for you. Keep us posted on your trading. Gianni.

Bullshop
04-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Daniel, I bought some lead from your dad when you lived in Fairview and were moving back to AK. I remember him telling you to "Pay Atention" as you were helping him melt some alloy into ingots. I am glad that it worked for you. Keep us posted on your trading. Gianni.

I remember every word that he said, but I do not "pay much". Just Kidding. I now Cast my own boolit, for the 35 Remington, And want to for the 7.5X55 swiss, next time I get a chance. We have a gun show coming up at the end of this month, and I am going to try to take my shot gun. We are going to have a table, and I will Be trading a 10 round H&R leatherneck magazine, for some 1911 mags, with the gun parts collecter.

Well tomorrow, if it ever stops snowing, I am going to try to get out, and shoot some 35 remingtons. I have been making some swadged h.p. and have not really had time to test them.

DANIEL/BS JR.

454PB
04-15-2006, 10:25 PM
I find it interesting that a 12 year old can compose a post that is better written than most of us old farts.

Scrounger
04-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I find it interesting that a 12 year old can compose a post that is better written than most of us old farts.

A lot of us find that interesting...

rvpilot76
04-16-2006, 07:09 PM

Just be glad that there are still youngsters like him. Now if we can grow a few more, this country just might turn out alright. I can't recall the exact passage, but, "train up your children in the ways of the Lord, and when they are older they will not depart from it". You're doing a good job, Dad; keep it up!

Kevin

KevMT
04-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Just be glad that there are still youngsters like him. Now if we can grow a few more, this country just might turn out alright. I can't recall the exact passage, but, "train up your children in the ways of the Lord, and when they are older they will not depart from it". You're doing a good job, Dad; keep it up!
Kevin

I believe Daniel is home schooled. I make that point with a bit of pride because my own son is home schooled too.