PDA

View Full Version : Long Weekends Yield

Sprue
09-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Was a nice long weekend. Got several things accomplished. Mainly loafing and a few fun projects.

Went to the range and had a blast Saturday. Sunday went to the flea mrkt with my buddy and we scored this hammer mold :) Made this .452 Lee sizer dia a couple weeks ago but thought I would show it anyway. But I stayed up late last night and made a .431 die for the newly aquired SBH so now I have the proper sizing die for it. I normally sized .429 for the smith but I needed a larger sizer for the SA.

I've got one extra day off tmw so I'm gonna stay up late and fire up the Pot and cast a few 44's to see how they run thru the new sizer. So I'm off to the bench shortly.....

Thats it in a nutshell here, did you get the chance to have some "fun" time this weekend? What did you do ? Any pix to share ?

(one die is a copy of orange version, the other is styled after the green type, there is also a partial red version too. As for the hammer, I guess I'll be doing some experimenting with that. Maybe a knurled handle in the making ??)

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh266/spilihp_2007/SizersHammer.jpg

sav300
09-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Sprue,glad you had a good w/e and enjoyed yourself.

Wayne Smith
09-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Pretty steady rain here all weekend and this week. Glad you had a chance to get out, Sprue. I did some inside stuff, got my 44/444 Mihec mold to keep gcs on. For me that's a major accomplishment!

Matt_G
09-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Thats it in a nutshell here, did you get the chance to have some "fun" time this weekend? What did you do ? Any pix to share ?

My Dad came out from Missouri and we went dove hunting Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday was the best day of dove hunting either of us have had in many, many years.
We should have limited out. (15 each)
We bagged 23 on Sat.
Sunday morning was pretty much a bust seeing as we had educated all of them on Sat. :lol:
Sure was nice to go hunting with my Dad again though.
Forgot my digital camera so no pics. :(