PDA

View Full Version : CVA parts

TooManyMisses
09-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I picked up an old CVA Percussion Pistol kit , Model KA704 .44 Caliber at a gunshow on the weekend. Price was right but of course that was because of crucial missing parts. Does any one know where I could source a side plate? Dixie Gun works have nipples listed in the catalog but not the correct side plate. The box says JUKAR CVA.
Does any one know who the Spanish manufacturer was that made these old kits and if so are they still in business?

Larry

wire nut
09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
too many, I have built a kentucky pistol from a cva kit. The handgun did not have a side plate similar to the rifle. The kit had 2 small brass washer type pieces that the lock screws went through before the screw entered the left side of the gun. The 1 made was also from jukar spain. It has surprised a bunch of people on how accurate it shoots.

mooman76
09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Could you post a picture? I have an old CVA Jukar I bought about 20 years ago for $10. I bought it because I knew the parts were worth that. Don't get too excited, all the parts were there and it looked like someone put it together and fired it in the white but never cleaned it, that's why I got it so cheap. But I cleaned it up and it looked so good when I got done I almost hated to fire it. I did say almost and I did shoot it. It is a flinter. The side plate is made of thick brass and maybe it is the same. it shouldn't be too hard to copy or maybe you could make your own by trcing it o or something. Here's another place for parts. May not help but it doesn't hurt to have another source and I did get parts from them before. They used to be called Mountain State Muzzle Loader. The guy running the company is one of the original guys but split off when they closed and started his own company.
http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/