PDA

View Full Version : Finished-Up Yesterday!

captain-03
09-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Finally got around to cleaning out the garage yesterday of all the buckets of raw lead I had sitting around. The wife was getting on my case to get rid of the "mess" - Not a mess to me; but you gotta please the wife. Got it all melted down and cast into ingots. Ended up with about 100Lbs of pure, 600lbs of range lead, and 500lbs of WWs.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/captain-03/IMG_2291.jpg

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/captain-03/IMG_2294.jpg

Now waiting to see how long it takes for her to tell me to get it moved from around the pool!!

Sometimes you just can't win!!

targetshootr
09-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Nice. You smelted all that in one day? Good thing you have a pool.

Ricochet
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I've got to do that myself. Hoping for a cool day to do it.

jim4065
09-05-2009, 12:56 PM
"Cash or gold - forget it! Too unreliable! Lead keeps its value year after year. Did you know the price of lead has tripled in the last 8 years?"

With apologies to G. Gordon Liddy.

qajaq59
09-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Nice. You smelted all that in one day? Good thing you have a pool. Or had a medic standing by. Whew!!!!!

runfiverun
09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
i do three buckets a session.
i gotta get the stuff out use it put it away and then go stack the lead up.
i used to do the marathon thing but i gotta work the next day too...

Shiloh
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
"Cash or gold - forget it! Too unreliable! Lead keeps its value year after year. Did you know the price of lead has tripled in the last 8 years?"

With apologies to G. Gordon Liddy.

The "G Man" would appreciate it in its context

Shiloh

HiVelocity
09-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Gold! You struck gold in your garage!

SierraWhiskeyMC
09-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Where do I send the truck to pick it up?

:)

jbc
09-05-2009, 07:10 PM
you water drop them thar ingots in that pool?? I bet that would get you kicked out of the house in a hurry!!:mrgreen:

Buckshot
09-06-2009, 01:56 AM
[QUOTE=captain-03;656385]Finally got around to cleaning out the garage yesterday of all the buckets of raw lead I had sitting around. The wife was getting on my case to get rid of the "mess" -...........QUOTE]

..........Your wife goes in the garage? Ah don't tell me you actually have a car in there? :-) The garage is NOT wifeland. Now if she's on your butt for the drift of dirty clothes on your side of the bed, "And please put them in the hamper", then she's on safe turf. But to go into the garage and suggest you clean it up? Sheesh!

My shop is actually a 2 car garage that will never see a car until after I shuffle off this mortal coil. The door from the kitchen to the garage in in the north wall. Along that wall is the washer, dryer, and chest freezer, so MY part is a good 4/5ths of it. When Donna walks through the door to use the washer or freezer she almost shields her eyes, so she doesn't see anything beyond where she's putting her feet. It's the only part of the shop with a real actual floor you can see.

Only ONE time has she ever been on my side in the 9 years we've been here. I was sitting on my stool leaning on the reloading bench with a cup of coffee reading a catalog of some sort. I looked up and there she was! OHMYGOD, I felt scandalized. She was just gazing around, looking with this simple neutral expression. I felt like I was standing naked in Times Square :-) I finally got my mouth working and said, "What?" She just slowly looked at me and said with exactly zero inflection, "You really have a LOT of stuff." Then she turned around and walked back into the house.

Dang! I didn't know what to make of that, and it took some time to get over it too.

..............Buckshot

XWrench3
09-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Wow, i am jelous! I can only dream of having that much lead, of any type! The wife asked me what i wanted for christmas. I told her a couple of 55 gallon drums of lead! I won't get it, she has no idea how to go about procuring such things, but its a nice wish.

nvbirdman
09-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That pile of ingots sure is pretty.

captain-03
09-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Nice. You smelted all that in one day? Good thing you have a pool.

Nope - took several days to get-r-done! Actually it wasn't too bad here with the temp being in the mid to high 80's most of the days ...

snaggdit
09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I showed the pictures to the wife. I used them as a "see, I dont have as much as he does" pics! Thanks! Gives me room to add more!;-)

captain-03
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I showed the pictures to the wife. I used them as a "see, I dont have as much as he does" pics! Thanks! Gives me room to add more!;-)

Glad I could help!