PDA

View Full Version : Tax free holiday for hunting stuff

Frank46
09-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Just thought that you would enjoy this. This weekend Louisiana is having a tax free holiday for hunting stuff. This includes firearms, ammo (sorry the wally world here in new iberia has squat for rifle and pistol ammo) and other hunting supplies. I believe that this is a first for louisiana and that at least one other state has done the same.
Just thought that you would like to know. Frank

crabo
09-04-2009, 05:04 PM
A friend of mine is getting one out of layaway and putting another in so he can save both times.

1Shirt
09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
This is something that sportsmen all over the country should lobby for!!!!
1Shirt!:coffee:

sundog
09-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Do you also want to reduce the retail by the added on (thus hidden) by Pittman-Robertson tax (what is it? 11%)? How many of you even know about that. Or how one of Clinton's boys (I think it was during bubba's administration) got his fingers in the till? Follow the money....

MT Gianni
09-04-2009, 11:58 PM
This is something that sportsmen all over the country should lobby for!!!!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Montana does it every day as does Oregon I believe.

Wayne Smith
09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
So does New Hampshire. I am one that fully supports the Pittman-Robertson Act. It was created and passed by sportsmen. Hunters and fishermen. That money has created and supported 50 state's Fish and Game Departments, or whatever your state calls it. It has supported years of research into game and meaningful conservation. It is still being used for these purposes. It is very clearly our tax dollars at work, and generally very well spent. Of course, over the course of almost 100 years there will be crooks and criminals involved. That fact doesn't detract from the purpose and fulfillment of the act.