PDA

View Full Version : Question about Rapine moulds

Harry O
04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
I have several of them and wanted to get some more. I called Buffalo Arms, (where I have gotten most of them) and found out that they only had what was on the shelf. Naturally, they did not have the one I wanted. They were open and up front about it. They said they would substitute a "custom" bullet mould similar to the Rapine I wanted. I held off.

I remember seeing a "Rapine closeout" on e-Bay a while back. It made me wonder if Rapine in still in business. They don't have a website. Does any one know for sure?

Steelbanger
04-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Harry O,

Here's Rapine's phone number from a 2001 catalog. You can try it and then let us know if they're still there.

215-679-5413

Rapine Bullet Mould Mfg. Co.
9503 Landis Lane
East Greenville, PA 18041

Dutch4122
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I just got off the phone with Buffalo Arms 20 minutes ago. I had two Rapine moulds on backorder with them since November. I was told that Rapine had "gotten out of the mold business entirely." They advised me that they were working with another custom mold maker to provide some of these designs. I decided to change my order to a couple of Lyman styles that were in stock.

I also remember seeing a claim (internet rumor?) on Ebay early last fall by a seller stating that the owner had passed away late last summer. I sure hope that is not true.

Hope this helps,

shooter575
04-11-2006, 12:07 PM
I have been dealing with Ray Rapine for quite a few years.I would see him at his booth at the N-SSA spring and fall nationals.I know he had wanted to sell the business[health prob?] Anyway I will be at the spring nationals 3rd weekend in may.He sells a lot of moulds to the skirmishers there so if anyone knows I will find out there.I will get the low down then and report back.