PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Talk Forum

jim4065
09-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I just received a email from this forum and believe it's brand new. Frankly - I'm glad to see it. Love my CW40 but it's got an issue with the trigger, and I'm hoping to get Kahr to respond. Usually I just leave messages which tend to be ignored, maybe this will help.

Anyway - if you've got a Kahr - you might want to check it out..........

http://www.kahrtalk.com/

Catshooter
09-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks for that Jim, I do have a Kahr, a PM 45. I love it, now that it works. A six shot .45 the size of a Walther PPK? Yikes!

Cat

Dframe
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks. I also have a Kahr. I've kept track of my shots with it since Kahr advised it needed 200 rounds to break in. I'm at 1,500 now without a bobble of ANY kind! I Love this small gun.

bobthenailer
09-05-2009, 06:36 AM
i have a kahr pm9 mine has about 1000 rounds through it about 800 were cast. only 1 failure !did not go into battery with lead , other than that i think it is a excellent pistol . light , accurate, good sights & trigger and very comfortable & controlable to shoot, i give it a 100% .
a frend had the full size kahr with the steel frame in 9mm and 40 and he liked them. thats where i fist shot them and i liked them and said thats the next gun on my list to buy. since he has gotten rid of them and bought a pm9 and a pm45 and they are also excellent with no problems

Streetking
09-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I recently bought a CW45. Major problems from the get-go. Slide lock pin backed out as I was shooting and the mag fell form gun after 5 founds. Sent the pistol back to Kahr. Can't get any response form them.

JIMinPHX
09-05-2009, 07:31 PM
In general Kahrs seem like pretty good little pieces. I only have two things against them. One is the linage of the company's ownership. The other is a problem that my brother had with one.

He had a little .40. One day at the range, after about a magazine & a half went through it, the slide bound up so bad that we could not get it to move at all. It took several hours of 3 people working on it back at the machine shop before we got it apart. The recoil spring had bound up between the frame & the slide & had self destructed. After we got it apart & got a new spring back in it, it seemed to work fine again. Later, someone I spoke with seemed to suggest that if you put the recoil spring back in one of them backwards, it could cause that kind of jam up.

It's too bad. I was able to pull a golf ball size group at 50 feet with that little pocket size .40. If I wasn't worried about running into that same problem again, in a less forgiving situation, I probably would have bought one for myself.

Jeff Davis
09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I have a CW9 that I purchased a few months ago. I have yet to fire it as the indoor range in my county closed down due to the owner not putting enough ownership in running it and the gunshop in the same building!

I have carried it to get used to it though, and even though it is just wegded between my hip and my jeans (can't get a holster since the gun shop closed!), I don't notice it after a few minutes.

cattleskinner
09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
I have had a CW9 for about the last year. I use it as my backup pistol when at work and either rides on my ankle or inside the waistband when off duty or when the weather calls for carrying it away from the snow. I haven't had any jams that weren't caused by me. I think mine has had over 500 rounds through it at least. It's easy to lose count when you don't buy the bullets you load. I'd recommend one if you're looking for a light, thin carry pistol

C1PNR
09-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I have had a CW9 for about the last year. I use it as my backup pistol when at work and either rides on my ankle or inside the waistband when off duty or when the weather calls for carrying it away from the snow. I haven't had any jams that weren't caused by me. I think mine has had over 500 rounds through it at least. It's easy to lose count when you don't buy the bullets you load. I'd recommend one if you're looking for a light, thin carry pistol
What are you using to carry on your ankle. My Brother just got a CW45, and I'm thinking of getting one myself.

What I've seen so far is impressive!

Doble Troble
09-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I made the mistake of buying a K9 a few years ago. I liked the design; it was thin and seemed well-built. I took it out to the range and ran a box of WWB (back when you could still buy it at Wal-Mart) through it. It FTE'd once or twice a mag. I tried some of my cast loads that worked in my other nine (at that time it was a surplus Star BM that ate anything - I thought all nines were reliable and that's why they were popular) with the same damn problem.

Picking up brass it became clear that there were ridges on the cases the Kahr spit-out and not on the Star cases. Looking at the Kahr chamber (it wasn't exactly easy to field strip, and now I suspect why) it was clear that the reamer used was beat-up and burred. You could feel the ridges running a nail down the chamber.

I called Kahr expecting no trouble returning the barrel - I was sure that my barrel must have been among some group that slipped QC (I was right).

I got the 20 questions. I'm not a liar - I admitted that I'd shot hand loads - I didn't expect this to be an issue as the problem surfaced with factory loads.

After admitting I'd shot hand loads, the problem became mine. After unsuccessfully trying to get them to sell me a replacement barrel, I traded it back to the dealer I bought it from (with full disclosure) for about half of what it I paid for it.

This was not fun. I hope that others that buy Kahrs will do much better than I did. I also hope that maybe they'll consider a different brand instead.

KCSO
09-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Sorry I wouldn't have another Kahr 2 trips back to the factory and it still won't fire every shot and still has functioning problems, traded it off and the new owner hasn't had any better luck.

StarMetal
09-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry I wouldn't have another Kahr 2 trips back to the factory and it still won't fire every shot and still has functioning problems, traded it off and the new owner hasn't had any better luck.

Doesn't say much for their one ad directed against the Glock which states: "Why own a block when you can own a Kahr". Well now we know why to own a Glock, it's like a Bic Pen and Timex watch...writes the first time everytime and takes a licking and keeps on ticking. :grin:

Joe

cattleskinner
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry about the delay, I was on vacation last week. I use a Galco brand holster on my ankle. I like it as it fits close to my ankle, but the only thing I notice is the grip is a hair too long on the pistol and occasionally will show a tiny point through my pants if the holster turns slightly causing the grip to press against the pants.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2533&CatalogID=6

dk17hmr
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I have a CW45, I love it.

200gr Gold Dots with 10gr of Bluedot is accurate and functions the pistol smartly. I dont like they only ship 1 mag with the pistol. I bought a second one from the shop I bought the gun from but still. It rides inside my waist band in a Don Hume holster with the spare mag in my left rear pocket. I can hide it when I am wearing shorts and a tee shirt without to much worry. There was a break in period but it didnt take long shooting 230gr ball ammo.

My dad has a MK9 he loves it.