PDA

View Full Version : How much beeswax???

jbc
09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
For those of you that pan lube your minnie's and R.E.A.L.'S with a mix of beeswax and bore butter how much beeswax/bore butter in your mix to start because once it is melted there is no way to tell how stiff it will be so I need a good starting point to get me close.
Thanks-Joe

docone31
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I started with a bunch of beeswax, then added again the amount of Corn Oil. A 50/50 mix. From there, I added beeswax and some Crisco untill I had the right thickness. I had to mix some, heat it up, let it cool, and keep checking. Then I went to the range with the stuff. I had to add more beeswax.
How you mix it will depend on where you are, and for what purpose. I would start with 55% beeswax, 45% Corn Oil. From there, you can thicken it with beeswax.
You do end up with a lifetime supply that way though.

59sharps
09-03-2009, 11:29 PM
50/50 beeswax (melted form) /olive oil . it works from april to oct for me. notheast USA.
I lube after my rounds are asembled

Hellgate
09-04-2009, 12:15 AM
50/50 beeswax/olive oil has been my lube for quite a while. It may not be enough oil for cold weather nor enough beeswax for hot weather so seasonal temperatures can dictate whether you have the right mix.