PDA

View Full Version : Parts for Star sizer?

Woodtroll
04-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Hello, folks! I have several Star sizers that I picked up at decent prices over the years, but need a couple of seals for them. A gentleman posted here a while back that he was a retired dealer with some remaining inventory, but he never answered several emails I sent to his address listed in his profile here. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

Alternatively, I also read somewhere that there was a common plumbing part that would work for the seal- this may have been posted by the same gentleman. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I'd rather not deal with Magma, having had a bad experience with a parts order from them some years ago, but it may be that that's the only place left to find these parts.

Many thanks, safe shooting! Woodtroll

Swagerman
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
This was posted in another thread here...

Quote: Went to the hardware store and picked up a few. Size is: 15/16X3/4X3/32 #14 O-ring.

In case anybody else runs into the same trouble.

Texasflyboy
04-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Here is the article I wrote that you may be remembering:

http://users2.ev1.net/~eastus1/Casting/star.htm

Woodtroll
04-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks, guys, I certainly appreciate it. Swagerman, I guess I should have been more specific- I need the seal for the spring-loaded plunger inside the reservoir tube, not for the die itself. Texasflyboy, that's not exactly what I remember seeing, but that should do the trick! Many thanks to both of you for your prompt help!

Springfield
04-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I saw that article and wrote down the numbers. Don't know if they are good or not. Fluidmaster #068000 Close coupled brass bolt set 5.16" x 3" tank to bowl . The o-ring I believe is a #14. Just go to a good auto parts dealer and ask for some. I don't use them anymore as they make the die dificult to remove,and it seals up OK without it. I have bought parts and dies from Magma and they have been very helpful. Maybe you got them on a bad day.

rbwillnj
04-10-2006, 06:31 PM
You can purchase a replacement for the original Hycar washer from Magma Engineering. I put one in a very old Star that I have, and it worked fine. The current part appears to be made of nylon. You can reach Magma at 480.987.9008.

Quantrill
04-17-2006, 02:46 PM
STARRELOADERSGROUP
E-mail Address(es):
StarReloadersGroup@topica.com

This might be who you thought of originally.

varmintpopper
04-17-2006, 11:10 PM
WOODTROL, you may want to contact this person, as he worked for Star and still has many of the parts needed for repairs.
if nothing else You could ask him questions about any star equipment You may have.

coffeyn1@msn.com

good luck
lindy