PDA

View Full Version : >308 blank

Jim
08-24-2009, 07:43 PM
35 grains of Bullseye in a .308 case. Cover it with a foam ear plug and prime it with a large mag. rifle primer.

WARNING!!

This is UNGODLY loud!!

Fire it at night and watch the fireball. It's bigger than a 5 gallon bucket.

BerdanIII
08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
You have GOT to be kidding! Where are you, geographically? I'd like to see the sun rise twice in one day when you touch one of those off. Sorry, that just doesn't sound safe at all. I think .308 blanks use about 12 grains of SR4759.

Rocky Raab
08-25-2009, 07:11 PM
That sounds like "A quart of tequila and a funnel is FUN!"

It is.

Once.

After that, your friends get to say, "Doesn't he look natural."

Jim
08-25-2009, 08:02 PM
You have GOT to be kidding! Where are you, geographically? I'd like to see the sun rise twice in one day when you touch one of those off. Sorry, that just doesn't sound safe at all. I think .308 blanks use about 12 grains of SR4759.

Fellas,
I work up ALL my loads, including blanks. If it weren't safe, I wouldn't have gotten to that level to know it.

shotman
08-26-2009, 02:28 AM
the powder that L C uses is the same as Accurate no 7 I didnt check the weight but will.
the bulleye would be ok for a open barrel. but NOT with a blank addapter

Jim
08-26-2009, 06:45 AM
the powder that L C uses is the same as Accurate no 7 I didnt check the weight but will.
the bulleye would be ok for a open barrel. but NOT with a blank addapter

This load is way hotter than a NATO blank. It never occured to me that somebody would have a blank adapter for a semi or full auto .308 firearm. I fire these in a .308 Enfield Tanker. For those that firmly believe this will cause the rifle to evaporate, there is no resistance to the load. The foam ear plug atomizes instantly and you get a huge fireball and a deafening report.

Ricochet
09-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I thought it would be perfectly safe to fill a 7.62x54R case with Nitro 100 to the base of the neck, stuff a bit of loosely wadded tissue in the neck, and touch it off. It's not. It does make a very loud bang and an amazing fireball. It also produces extreme high pressure signs on the cases, with extremely flattened, cratered primers and loose primer pockets. Need to back way off on that load.

Rocky Raab
09-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Sound volume of a firearm is directly related to the pressure of the gas at the muzzle.

If the described loads are tremendously loud...well, you folks draw your own conclusions.

WILCO
09-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Primers and powder are much too precious to be wasted in such a fool hardy manner.