PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Star lubrisizer

olovo
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
[smilie=w:

I got it today after months of waiting!
Well, that's it, just wanted to share my happiness...

[smilie=w:

Edubya
08-24-2009, 02:19 PM
What caliber boolits are you going to be lubing? I hope that you have a lot of them already cast, that Star lubrisizer can crank them out. Once you get it figured out, you won't want to stop. How about lube, what kind are you using? Did you get your sizing dies and top punches in the same shipment?
Good Luck,
EW

olovo
08-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I got it with the heater and sizing dies in .356, .357 and .358 (for 9mm and .357MAG) and a top punch for those. I'll be using Jake's Purple Ceresin.
I havent used it yet so don't ask me how it holds.

Did I mention how happy I am?

[smilie=w:

mtgrs737
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Good for you! You will find that you cast more boolits just so that you can feed your "Star Addiction"! LOL!

Do yourself a favor and give Lar's BAC lube a try! Click on the link at the bottom of the page.

cajun shooter
08-25-2009, 08:27 AM
I happy for you. How hard is it to obtain such items in Croatia? You will only need one other punch to size and lube almost any bullets. You can even use the one you have but the larger one will work better on those larger bases. Keep us posted as it is always nice to see how our fellow casters are doing in other parts of this planet of ours. The silver stream is a good way to have common ground. If you have never used a Star it might take a little time in your set up. Write down the distance from the bottom of punch to the top of sizing die once it is set. You can refer back to this if you change it out for another bullet. Makes it so much easier and faster. Later David

olovo
08-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Finding casting equipment in Croatia is almost impossible, very few people are into it. But it's not a big problem because of the almighty internet - I can order anything from USA (well, almost anything).
Regarding this Star sizer, I wrote to Magma Engineering and ordered what I needed (they were very helpful and friendly), payed through PayPal and that was it.

P.S. - it cost me $770 with shipping, tax and customs fees :-(

runfiverun
08-25-2009, 01:44 PM
holy gaak.
with the jakes keep the heat as low as possible, and the pressure up near 70-80psi.