PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Tried Diamondback BP?

1874Sharps
08-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Gentlemen,

Have any of you tried Diamondback brand black powder? Powder Inc., out of Arkansas, sells it now along with other more common brands and they claim it is of good quality. It certainly is the right price.

Freightman
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Was wondering the same thing, might have to take a vacation to Arkansas and get me a few #. Love to go to Arkansas anyhow.

jim4065
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
http://www.powderinc.com/index.html

$10 per pound on 25#'s - wish I needed powder.

59sharps
08-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Found this on the Back Creek Gunshop site.

DIAMONDBACK
BLACK POWDER
Whats the deal if they are saying PA and Canada.
Made in Brazil in the old Elephant Plant
With consistency similar to Schuetzen.

Granulations:
2F, 3F
$10.00 / 1-lb
$250.00 / 25-lb Case

1874Sharps
08-24-2009, 08:28 PM
59Sharps,

I did not know this was the old Elephant and if it is still made in Brazil I do not know how they can claim PA and Canada, unless those are just importer addresses.

59sharps
08-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Back creek says in the old elephant. another site i found say machinery was moved from the elephant plant to another location in Brazil. I think powder incs or another site i would have to look it up again, says Pa and Canada. Maybe importers or under license? I do not know. Anyway I do not know the quality of it. But it would be nice to have another US mfg. of Black.

cajun shooter
08-25-2009, 10:37 AM
It's very much like the old Elephant brand of powder. I think John Boy did some test with it on the Open Range forum. Was not given a good rating if I remember what was printed. Same wood used for charcoal that caused the Elephant brand to go under. I think that they are using the Canada address to give the impression that it is different. No way will it become a American product. Have already heard some rumors that they might go under or no longer be offered for American sales. Some posters bought it and gave reports on Cas City also. It seems that it worked for CAS distance but was dirty shooting.

waksupi
08-25-2009, 12:03 PM
It's very much like the old Elephant brand of powder. I think John Boy did some test with it on the Open Range forum. Was not given a good rating if I remember what was printed. Same wood used for charcoal that caused the Elephant brand to go under. I think that they are using the Canada address to give the impression that it is different. No way will it become a American product. Have already heard some rumors that they might go under or no longer be offered for American sales. Some posters bought it and gave reports on Cas City also. It seems that it worked for CAS distance but was dirty shooting.

The reason Elephant went under, was because it was flooded out!
I shot a few cases of Elephant, and found it much cleaner, and accurate, than GOEX.

Diamondback
01-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Just want to respectfully let everyone know you can now go www.diamondbackchemical.com for info on Diamondback Powder