PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Designing a .475 Bullet

BrettT/C
08-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I am going to order a .475 bullet from Mountain Mold for my FA and need advice. I want to use a tangent ogive for this bullet.

Has anyone else had Dan at Mountain Mold make them a .475 bullet for a FA? I need help with the front driving band length. How long can it be before it will not fit?

Thanks
Brett

badgeredd
08-23-2009, 09:44 AM
I am going to order a .475 bullet from Mountain Mold for my FA and need advice. I want to use a tangent ogive for this bullet.

Has anyone else had Dan at Mountain Mold make them a .475 bullet for a FA? I need help with the front driving band length. How long can it be before it will fit?

Thanks
Brett

Brett,

I don't have such a critter in the stable, but that said, you might want to check with Dan via telephone and ask him what he has done in a 475 boolit. I have seen several posts that say he is helpful.

Likely someone here has a 475 and will chime in soon too. Perhaps Lloyd Smale can help you if you PM him.

Edd

Naphtali
08-23-2009, 01:07 PM

Has anyone else had Dan at Mountain Mold make them a .475 bullet for a FA? I need help with the front driving band length. How long can it be before it will fit?

Thanks
BrettDepending upon the approximate bullet weight you have in mind, I either have one unused two-cavity mold available for sale/trade or the specifications for a Mountain Mold two-cavity mold you might consider. If you want to discuss either, please PM or E-mail me.