PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Taco Belly
08-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I have been a member for about a year, but rarely post. I would like to say thank you to all members that helped push me over the edge. I, like most here, read hours and hours of posts before I had to courage to take the leap. And after a year, and 25 different D**m moulds, I can never go back to NON-LEAD projectiles.

JG

cbrick
08-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Hhmmm . . . And in a year no one warned you about how addicting this is or the fact that there is no cure?

There will be questions so don't be bashful about asking; there is collectively a few hundred years of experience here to get answers from.

Welcome to the fraternity. [smilie=l:

Rick

UweJ
08-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Aaaah yes, anotherone hooked.
Welcome :)
Uwe

Murphy
08-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Taco Belly,

It's always great to see someone post they are now casting their own, thanks mostly to this site. I don't believe one could finder a better place to learn about casting their own than right here at castboolits.com.

I was 'on my own' learning to cast 25+ years ago. The Lyman literature is all I had to go by. While their intent is well, there was and is so much more to it than just what is in their book. Not putting Lyman down by any means mind you.

I've been on castboolits now for 2 & 1/2 years and I've learned more about boolit casting in the 1st year I was here, than I ever learned on my own in the previous 23+ years. And during that time I even ran my own small castboolit outfit in a tri-state area.

A more friendlier, helpful bunch would be hard to find than right here. It's good to see another success story and hope to see you post more often and share your learning experience as well. You may ask yourself 'What could I teach this group'? I'm 55 years young and have come to understand I can learn from much, much younger people than I. It's called evolution, there are 'new' ways of doing things that make it much simplier & safer and it's the newer generation who finds out first it seems. So share it...never know how much YOU may contribute to the rest of us.

Have a good one,

Murphy