View Full Version : Two Dumb Questions -- Bullplate and Star Lubriciser

August
08-20-2009, 05:13 PM
You guys talk about these things like they were at the local Walgreen's. I've been paying attention, but still don't know the answer to these two questions.

1. Where can I purchase some Bullplate lubricant for sprue cutters?

2. Where can I purchase a Star Lubriciser?

The way I've been doing things is getting old and inconsistent. It's time to clean up my act and make more boolits then I'm shootin' every month.

Echo
08-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Check down at the bottom of this page - Bullshop is where you buy the BullPlate.

And Star lube/sizers are obtained (new) from Magma engineering (magmaengineering.com), who took over from Star, or from eBay, where they turn up regularly. Dies and nose punches for the Star can be provided by our own lathesmith, on this forum, who does dang good work.

runfiverun
08-21-2009, 12:13 AM
they don't really use nose punches they push from the base straight through.

MtGun44
08-21-2009, 12:20 AM
To clarify ---- The original design used nose punches, and many still do it that
way. Most have figured out that you can use a flat punch and push the boolits thru
"backwards" -- nose first. So, many folks do not use more than a few flat punches
with their Stars. I have some nose punches and use them, but a lot are run with
the flat 'base' punches, too.

Bill

1Shirt
08-23-2009, 12:32 PM
If ya don't know something, t'aint no such thing as a dumb question. On the other hand there are often some really dumb answers!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

EDK
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
There's a used STAR on eBay at present...$100 bid...no dies, but the die removal tool is included. Watch it and get a feel for market prices.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

257 Shooter
08-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Used Stars are selling for $205 and up on ebay. Buy and new one from Magma for $250 with the die.

Recluse
08-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Bullplate is kind of the Holy Water for all serious boolit casters. Without it, you'll spend some time in Purgatory. When you gall a mould, you get a preview of Hell itself.

Using Bullplate provides eternal Salvation for your moulds.

Verily.

:coffee:

cajun shooter
08-24-2009, 08:13 AM
August, When you order Bullplate, buy more than one. It's a 2oz bottle that will last for a very long time but you will need more.
If you spill it as some clumsy persons do
Your friend will borrow it and not return it
You want to send some to someone but would not dare give your bottle away
You want to make some of your own Speed Green bullet lube but have no more Bullplate
Shipping time from Alaska while you wait on one little bottle
These are just a few lessons learned since I started using it, Later David