PDA

View Full Version : For sale section

nascarkent
08-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I am new to this forum. Would like to know if this forum has a for sale section,
I see the swapping and selling section . All I see is the WTB section?
Thanks Kent

Dan Cash
08-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Swap and sell = trade and for sale.

cheese1566
08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
You hit the right section. The WTB is a subsection, keep scrolling down.

Be sure to read the stickies and the rules for posting in the selling section.

nascarkent
08-14-2009, 01:28 PM
When I go to the swapin and selling forum all i see are
Dead beats and straight shooters
Wanted to buy
boolit exchange
Do you have to be a member for a certain amount of time to see the for sale ads?:(

fishhawk
08-14-2009, 01:58 PM
and if you look under that you will see the start of the swapping and selling adds and there "stickys" only restriction you have right now is selling untill a member for 30 days or 25 postings. if your still haveing a problem send me a PM. steve k

jonk
08-14-2009, 03:02 PM
The forums you list are the subforums of the main swapping and selling page. Just scroll down.

nascarkent
08-14-2009, 05:17 PM
OK I got it !!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU

waksupi
08-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Looks like you have the info! Enjoy!
Be aware, we aren't all that acceptable to people who just show up to sell things here. We aren't Ebay, or Craiglist. I'm not inferring this is your purpose, but we are rather ruthless weeding out "users" who have nothing else to add to the forum. If a person isn't known here with good reputation, most won't deal with them. On the other hand, if any one should screw you over in a deal here, let us know, and not only will they be removed from this board, they will be hounded across the internet, so they can do no business anywhere. We take care of our own here.

dromia
08-15-2009, 04:07 AM
but we are rather ruthless weeding out "users"

Read "abusers".

largom
08-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Does that include obamacrats?

cajun shooter
08-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Very well put Waksupi; If your not here to become a true I can help or I need help then perhaps this forum is better passed on.

BarryinIN
08-15-2009, 11:24 AM
This is a case where I can put 2 and 2 together and come with two different answers: A new guy looking for the For Sale section is either wanting to sell something, or, is just starting out and wanting/needing to buy stuff. Since I was in the same place about four months ago, I tend to think the latter, that he neeeds stuff.

So here is a tip or two from someone who hasn't done this much, but has done it recently:

-Use the WTB section. You might look at the WTB ads, see few or no responses and assume it's a waste of time. It's not. When I posted on there, I only got a couple of posted responses, but I got PMs from people with stuff.
One member saw my WTB post and pieced together a "starter kit" of things he wasn't using that got me going. I wouldn't have found that by browsing the For Sale ads.

-Bump your WTB post. Keep it near the top. I think few of us actually go looking at the WTB section, but if yours is the first post, people will see it on the right side when the Sell/Swap area comes up on screen. It might spark a thought ("Hey I think I have one of those somewhere I'm not using".) even if they weren't planning onj selling anything.

-Even with a WTB ad, watch the For Sale section closely. Don't feel you have it covered by just saying you want something. While it might be nice if they did, I don't think everyone checks the WTB posts before listing items FS.

-If you shop the For Sale section and see something that might interest you, don't waste any time on a decison.
Again: Don't waste ANY time.
Look through there, and you will see a LOT of things that got snapped up in four minutes. If you want it, claim it.

-Don't expect to get everything off here unless you have a lot of time to wait for them to show up. There are some things that don't show up often and you will probably have to buy or order new. I was trying to buy everything used since I wanted to start with as little expense possible (Which didn't last, because four months later I have over 30 moulds, two furnaces, two lube-sizers, etc. Be warned.). I could have pieced it all together that way eventually, but I would have lost a lot of time. This is one of those "hobbies" that you can be one tool or part short, and can't do anything. I was held up for mould handles for a while. Of course I see them listed here since, but had I waited instead of buying a new set I would have lost weeks of casting.
So if you are trying to buy all you can secondhand, you may have to decide how far you can go with it.

45nut
08-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Darn fine post Barry.

Recluse
08-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Very well put Waksupi; If your not here to become a true I can help or I need help then perhaps this forum is better passed on.

Yep. When I see a name I don't recognize on the Swappin' & Sellin' forum, I click on the user's name and then click on the "find previous posts" line. If all I see--or the majority is--Swappin' & Sellin' posts as a seller and little to no activity elsewhere on the Cast Boolits forum, I just pass 'em on by.

The analogy I've used before is it's like the traveling saleman who comes to your small, friendly town. He doesn't want to join the Rotary Club, or Lion's or Elks or the VFW or American Legion. Has little to no interest in civic projects, doesn't bother to get to know his neighbors.

All he wants is to sell his wares and take your money. And when he gets tired of you, he moves onto another town and starts it all over again.

:coffee:

Throckmorton
08-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Nascarkent,tell us a little about ourself,hey?
what kind of shooting do you do,do you cast,or thinking about it,and MOST IMPORTANTLY what kinds of guns do you have and can we see pics of them???? :)

seriously,this is a great forum,one of the best I browse,and I think you'll like it too.
Welcome aboard !

BarryinIN
08-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Darn fine post Barry.

Thanks. I'm so new to this I can't add much to most topics, but can there!

Nascarkent- I forgot: Welcome!
I know it may seem that some guys are being wary of you, so I wanted you to know it's from there having been some crooked people around lately, so people are being more careful now. If any of this sounded a little cool, it's a product of what a couple of bad seeds can cause and nothing else like it being an unfriendly place or anything.

waksupi
08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Kent, none of this is directed at you, it is just ongoing irritation about a member who recently raised my hackles over violation of our buy-sell-trade rules. (More than one, actually.)
Having read your posts, I see you are very definitely a serious CB guy, and will be a great benefit to the board.