and
I were discussing life and death. I told her, "Just so you know, I
never
want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and
fluids
from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."
She promptly got up, unplugged the TV and threw out all my
beer.
Some days I hate being married to a smartass.

Jetwrench

454PB
04-02-2006, 03:59 PM
How long you been married? You should know better than to get into heavy discussions with a woman!

nighthunter
04-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Mine would have tossed the TV out the door along with the beer. It doesn't pay to give a woman an easy opening such as you did. Sometimes you gotta play the deaf routine and tuned out at the same time and never ... NEVER ... answer a nearby sound with the words " yes Dear ". If you do .... you just blew it bigtime and you better hope for some overtime at work.
Nighthunter

Frank46
04-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Jetwrench, methinks you done shot youself in de feets bigtime. Last year my wifes best friend passed away. Now she was what one would call a big woman. They literally crammed her into the casket. After seeing that, my wife who is only 5'
tall said to me on the way home "when my time comes I want a full sized casket not a childs one" Well after digesting that one what could I say?. So she asked if I heard what she said. Believe you me that was one time when I dare not tune her out. I took the diplomatic way out. My answer was O.K. I have a well defined sense of self preservation. When we first started dating she always had to show her I.D. at the restaurants we went to. Sure made her feel good. Frank

Jetwrench
04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Oh well, the store is just down the road, and I have a fridge in the shop. Married for 9 yrs.
Jetwrench