PDA

View Full Version : Utah Shootouts Update

DeanoBeanCounter
08-11-2009, 06:59 PM
UPDATED Aug 11, 2009: All rules, updates, answers to questions etc. are posted here

To all people who have been interested in Utah Shootouts competitions and long distance training:

This is the last call for:
WESTERN REGIONAL SNIPER SHOOTOUT
Sept. 12 – 13, 2009

As of Aug 11, 2009 there are still spots available. We need the registrations mailed within the next week or so. The food is all taken care of, I just need to give them a count of shooters and spectators.

Shooter fee $100.

North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Utah

Rules:

Individually scored match

Precision shooting from 50 to 1000 yards.

Any person

Any “ONE” rifle bolt or semi auto up to 40 cal.

Any equipment (except gun vice, you won't have time anyway)

One or more distances per stage

From 1 round per minute up to, chamber and fire 1 round in 10 seconds

Prone, barricade, sitting and standing positions

Will need to be moving a lot on some stages (not really fast)

No semi-auto or pistol needed.

You will need 150 rounds

We have always been trying to use a variety of shooting skills with what we have available at the 5 million dollar North Springs Shooting Range. For the Sept match we will use what we have found that works the best, how the stage is set up, run, and scored. Thanks for patience of our regular shooters so we can develop the computerized target system, and other forms of shooting fun.

This one rifle event, will test a variety of shooting skills and will be geared to be able to use an AR15 up to a heavy weight bolt action. Obviously some rifles can do better at some stages than others, and vice-versa. Take your best shot at which one you will bring.

Prizes:
Include: $3000 tactical long distance rifle built by Roger’s Rifle Shop. Two $100 gift certificates for services from Roger’s Rifle Shop. $395 gift certificate for accuracy package from Wasatch Precision Arms. Two Specialized Tactical System AR15 Lower Receivers 100% Billet Machined. Target from LV Steel Targets. Plus several other prizes so far. Also free Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class Saturday night for any shooter that wants one. Contact me for more info.

COF:
Including precision stages on the 100, 600, 1000 yd ranges. Including 1000 yard targets in the morning when there probably won’t be much wind to afternoon when there will probably be 10 to 15 mile an hour gusty winds. Longer distances will be from prone. The Police range with the 50, 100 yd turning targets and moving targets from standing and barricade positions. And last but not least, our over the edge course. Shooting over the small cliff edge from 50 to just over 200 yards. We will shoot from logs, rocks, wobbly poles, stuff like that.

From having plenty of time, 1 min to fire one round, to chamber a round and fire with in 10 sec. There will probably be only a couple of targets that we’ll shoot 5 or more rounds at. One will have more to do with bringing the rifle up from a low ready position than chambering another round.
This COF is NOT designed for the use of a spotter. One could help out some I suppose, since some times you will be shooting right next to your buddy but time will be limited. Mostly you will need to stick together if you came in the same vehicle, because you need to drive a few times to different venues on the shooting complex.
Bring your dope for 50 to 1000 yards, wind, & moving targets. Just think, if you are not highly skilled in all the shooting skills we will be using, nobody else is either (maybe).

Equipment:
So pick the “one” rifle you can shoot the best under the circumstances. You will need to declare what rifle you use at sign in. Any center fire rifle, bolt or semi auto, AR 15 type up to 40 cal. Any ammo except armor piercing or tracer. There is no speed limit for this match. Most targets will be known range, a few won’t. Bring any range finding equipment you want. Bring any sand bag, mono pod, shooting sticks, or anything else you want. Just remember you will have to set up, fire, pick up and move in a limited time.
Scopes:
Probably the best will be a variable power. You will need to pick out a 1 to 1 ½ moa target at different yardages and also acquire “YOUR” target quickly at 50 or 100 yards (not the target next to yours) and fire.

Accommodations:
There is camping at the range $8 per night. Nice bathrooms close by. No fires.
There are nice hotels 15 miles away in the town of Price.

Food:
Saturday evening dutch oven meal is included in shooter fee. Spectators cost $10. There will be available Saturday lunch, Sunday breakfast, and Sunday Lunch. We ask for about a $5 donation each for these. Please email me if you want these meals. We will need to know ahead of time to be ready. You can pay at sign in.

Vendors:
A lot of shooters have some kind of business of sales or service to the firearms industry. There will be some room around the dining area in Cowboy Town for you to advertize or bring your items to sell or just show off. This will be free to any shooters. There will be time during the meal times and after the shooting is done for the day for this. Normally the range charges $25 dollars for vendor fees, but if you keep it small so we don’t take up a lot of space, there will be no charge. Ask me if you have questions about this.

Training:
There is still time to take some Basic Long Distance Training for beginning shooters to get ready to shoot the Sept match for anyone interested.

I know there are many people who have shot with us or have contacted me about our matches that I don’t have email addresses for so would you let them know what’s going on.

Copy and send in
Western Regional Sniper Shootout
September 12-13, 2009
SHOOTER REGISTRATION FORM

Name______________________________

Address_________________________________________

City_____________________ State________ Zip_______

Phone______________________ ________________________

E-Mail (Please print clearly) __________________________________

Shooter Fee $100 (Includes Dutch Oven Dinner).... $100.00
Dutch Oven Dinner for non-shooters $10 (each) ___ ______
T-Shirts $15 each __S__M __L __XL __XXL ......... ______
.................................................. .... Total ______
Spectators Welcome!

Registration begins June 1, 2009
Mail Check or Money Order with registration, Payable to:
Clinton G. Simon
921 Fremont Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT

For any questions or if you want to be taken off our email list just let me know.
Email: desertratdad@yahoo.com Phone: 801 599 1574 website www.utahshootouts.com
Thanks, Clint