PDA

View Full Version : Source for Thumbler's Tumbler parts?

Blackwater
04-01-2006, 02:47 AM
I have a model B, and need a few spare bearings, clips and o-rings. Did a google search and apparently they don't have a website??? Can anyone provide a link or info on where I can get parts reasonably? Thanks for any help.

ben1025
04-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Blackwater: The name of the company is Tru-square metal company.
<www.thumlerstumbler.com>

Blackwater
04-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks, Ben. Wonder why it didn't show up on the Google search? Oh well ....

Ordered parts several years ago, but need a few spares now, just in case. Thanks.

jb12k
04-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Recently got parts from www.therockshed.com . Good fast service-fair prices too !

carpetman
04-04-2006, 02:05 AM
blackwater---If you ever need a belt for that Thumbler--and you probably will,make a leather one. Cut strip of leather and it will be square---bevel off the edges and rolled it onto a hard surface and connect the ends with a large staple. Mine has lasted years and the rubber ones didnt.

Blackwater
04-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Carpetman, what a great idea! Never thunk'a that! I'm betting a leather shoe lace would be near perfect, and I already have a set of those waiting in the wings. Thanks! Mainly, I lose those darn bushings the rods turn on. Still have a couple of belts, but couldn't find them. Apparently, I've hidden them from myself. Apparently, there's a downside to being a packrat when it comes to horading anything to do with reloading. I need to stash some of my stuff in the attic so my reloading room's not quite so cluttered, I guess.

StarMetal
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
What is the belt like on those tumblers? Would a big O ring work? Those O rings come in lots of various sizes and thicknesses. Carpetman's leather belt is a good idea too. I'd make sure the staple is sunk deep so as not to mar the pulleys any.

Joe

floodgate
04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
catpetman, etc.,:

Your local Singer sewing machine shop stocks (or can order) that 1/4" round leather belting and the connecting staples for their older machines. The gas engine and tractor parts folks at Hit-'N'-Miss <www.hitnmiss.com> also carry it in several sizes.

floodgate

carpetman
04-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Floodgate--don't think we even have a Singer store here??/ But that would probably work better. Blackwater---leather shoe laces might work,but they would be a tad small. In lieu of a staple you can use heavy fishing line to connect the ends. If using staple you have to brad the end down once it's through the leather.

jb12k
04-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Needed a belt fast on Sunday-Found plastic tubing on acquarium air pump-Cut to length, stapled twice -been working for about a year now. Made it a little too short, so have to start by hand sometimes, but it does work. Will fix when I get a "Round Toit" !

Blackwater
04-07-2006, 12:39 AM
This is why I just LOVE this place. Where else would you get info about sewing machine supplies, etc., etc.? Great info. Next time I get to Savannah, I'll go by the Singer place. And FWIW, the leather shoe laces I have are extra wide - the reason I don't have them in a pair of boots. They were just too big for the boots' lace holes. I'm thinking maybe Gorilla glue might hole it if I cut a very long, very shallow angle? Also have an awl for additional strengthening, too.