PDA

View Full Version : different TL

shotman
08-06-2009, 03:22 AM
I tried something and it seems to work pretty good . Will need more time to get better Idea. I took a 12in x12in bakeing pan and warmed it in hot water . It was too hot to hold bare handed. Took some Lee TL and put small amount in pan. It got very thin fast. took handfull of 45 boolit and put in the pan and let them roll around. took needle nose plyers and set them on base to dry. No lube on base and no lube on nose

Treeman
08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
It is my personal conviction that lube on the base is highly beneficial.

runfiverun
08-06-2009, 11:17 PM
till it melts into your powder.

Recluse
08-07-2009, 12:34 AM
till it melts into your powder.

Never had it happen--even down here in the heat of Texas.

:coffee:

SciFiJim
08-07-2009, 01:16 AM
It is my personal conviction that lube on the base is highly beneficial.

In what way?

Three44s
08-07-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm like Shotman, I dry my TL's on their bases.

I also like the pan trick. I can go to bed knowing I learned something today!

Thanks

Three 44s

shotman
08-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Well I will say that when I started the TL . I just let them dry on their side. I didnt have a problem with them fireing. But you do get a lot of smoke and a nice black oily muzzel. I have been setting them on base and the wax paper will get rid of 90% I dont have the rolling thing down pat yet but it does look to be a good Idea. the grooves filled and left a light coat on side of lands. I dont know if the lub gets wiped off when loading. Would think it does and ends up in grooves.. If that is the case the rolling is the trick. You gus the do the TL try it and see what you can improve on. down a incline? or down a channel ? but it does leave base and nose clean.

Shiloh
08-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I tried standing them up once. What a messy PITA!! Now I lube 'em, let 'em dry, load and shoot.
I really don't want to take the time to experiment. I'm satisfied with the results as is.

Shiloh

Cloudpeak
08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
I tried standing them up once. What a messy PITA!! Now I lube 'em, let 'em dry, load and shoot.
I really don't want to take the time to experiment. I'm satisfied with the results as is.
Shiloh

Agree. Going to all that work negates a lot of the advantage of the tumble lube system. I've cast and lubed over 35,000 lead pistol bullets. I think I'll pass on standing each one up:-D