PDA

View Full Version : scrap lead cost

Hardcast416taylor
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
I`m glad I bought of scrap pure soft lead last Fri. at my local scrap recycling center (junk yard). I paid .40 per pound then for 175 lbs. Today the cost is .75 per lb.! No explanation when I asked "What the H##L happened to the price"! They`ve got oodles of weights, counter weights an entire steel tub of ignots of unknown lead , a barrel 3/4 full of x-ray backs. I counted at least 3 full barrels of ww, range minings and other various types of lead used objects. Seems the more I stop there the bigger his inventory gets. I`ve known this company`s family for over 30 years and still can`t get a break on price.:castmine:Robert

WILCO
08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I've known this company`s family for over 30 years and still can`t get a break on price.

Time to strike up new relationships in the world of lead scrap.........

BABore
08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
The lead market hasn't moved much

http://www.metalworld.com/a/0137.html

1874Sharps
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
You know, I have taken up "mining" the burm at the range. So far, so good -- no complaints from the range master. I have been operating under the philosphy that it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I have been coming back home with more lead than I shoot every month so that is a good thing even though the ingots of "range lead" are of unknown composition. I never thought I would see the day when the cost of scrap lead would be so high!