PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson

MT Gianni
08-04-2009, 12:18 AM
I broke the bolt on my SS&W 22 A this summer. It is at least 10 years old and I saw on their web page they had a recall on their 08-09 models. I called and went through the phone choices and ended up with a real person. I described the problem and asked if I could order a bolt and fit it or if it was a factory repair. They sent out a prepaid mailer and warrentied it in full. Turn around time was 5 1/2 weeks. I haven't shot it yet but am pleased with their service.

Buckshot
08-04-2009, 12:45 AM
I broke the bolt on my SS&W 22 A this summer. It is at least 10 years old and I saw on their web page they had a recall on their 08-09 models. I called and went through the phone choices and ended up with a real person. I described the problem and asked if I could order a bolt and fit it or if it was a factory repair. They sent out a prepaid mailer and warrentied it in full. Turn around time was 5 1/2 weeks. I haven't shot it yet but am pleased with their service.

Can't beat that. A buddy of mine has one of those little bitty NAA 22 revolters. He carries it in a pants pocket, and for what it is it's a pretty amazing shooter. It broke something internally so he called NAA and they said to send it along with $25 (probably for rtn shipping) and they'd take care of it. He got it back with a new updated cylinder (notches between the chambers for the hammer to rest in so it can be fully loaded), fancy new rosewood grips, and several new internal parts. So for his $25 he basically got a rebuilt peestol :-) He's happy, too.

..................Buckshot

chevyiron420
08-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Can't beat that. A buddy of mine has one of those little bitty NAA 22 revolters. He carries it in a pants pocket, and for what it is it's a pretty amazing shooter. It broke something internally so he called NAA and they said to send it along with $25 (probably for rtn shipping) and they'd take care of it. He got it back with a new updated cylinder (notches between the chambers for the hammer to rest in so it can be fully loaded), fancy new rosewood grips, and several new internal parts. So for his $25 he basically got a rebuilt peestol :-) He's happy, too.

..................Buckshot

i have a mini revolver made by freedom arms. the first time i fired it the front site flew off and hit me in the head. i have called them several times over a period of years and they have no intension of standing behind there product. they dont care! should have bought a NAA.

exile
08-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I hear about great things like that all the time, but they never happen to me. I put about 50 rounds through my NAA Guardian in .32 ACP and a grip screw broke in half, causing the grip to come off. I finally managed to get the broken half out of the threads, and they sent me a new screw, but no neat upgrades. I guess I should just be happy I did not have to ship the gun in. If the other grip screw had broken I would have had to, it holds all the internal parts in. Still want one of the mini-revolvers. I finally shot a freinds .22 magnum the other day. One of the finest examples of the gunmakers art out there today, at least in my opinion.

exile